6/4 Games

flavum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
I can't link them right now, but milb.com has some home run videos from Micah Johnson. Pretty damn impressive!

3-run HR to LF. http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=27547563

2-run HR to RF. Appears to be a bomb, based on his reaction and the RF's reaction. http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=27519091

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
Talk about a crooked number. Eight runs for the Dash in one inning.

Hawkins seems to be a LOT more focused this time around. Up to a .196 batting average and hitting much better, fewer K's (well, that was almost impossible not to see cut down).

Ok, wait a second, let's pump the brakes, it hasn't even been a 3-game series yet.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
Ok, wait a second, let's pump the brakes, it hasn't even been a 3-game series yet.

ANY reason for encouragement with Hawkins is important, lol.

After Sale, he's the most important member of the organization right now.

Well, maybe 3rd to what we can get back for Jake Peavy.

To see him holding his own coming off the injury instead of going further south batting average-wise...you'll take it.

Phegley with another XBH. Rienzo with a hell of a start thus far. I still think he's a reliever, for the Sox, next year.

Also, Brent Morel - remember him - is now hitting .272. Had an OPS of .900 last month!

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
Phegley with another XBH. Rienzo with a hell of a start thus far. I still think he's a reliever, for the Sox, next year.

Also, Brent Morel - remember him - is now hitting .272. Had an OPS of .900 last month!

Well, we know Phegley can hit a knuckleball now. 2-3

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)

I think Rienzo will be in the pen this year, probably as soon as we start moving some pitchers.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:28 AM)
The power is legit. Just need to rein in the strikeouts and the Sox potentially have something to dream on here.

One of the things he'll learn is home runs that go 375 feet count the same as ones that go 475 feet

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
The power is legit. Just need to rein in the strikeouts and the Sox potentially have something to dream on here.

The Sox need a star offensive player in his 20's more than anything. Hopefully he's that guy the second half of this decade.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
The Sox need a star offensive player in his 20's more than anything. Hopefully he's that guy the second half of this decade.

Agreed.

That's why part of me is hoping for Dominic Smith this Thursday. Two young, potent hitting prospects that would be on similar timetables if they panned out.

Finally back to .200. 10 HR's, 24 RBI's.

Considering he missed a full month, his pace would be incredible considering only 27 games played this year through tonight's action.

27 GP/140=basically 1/5th of a season, so had he not missed a month, he would be on a pace of 50 homers, 120 RBI's.