*The Sqwert is Back* GT 6/5: Sox @ SEA

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
& you aren't?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Seems like Beck has been getting way to much heat on here because Hawk loves em.

The guy is a piece to a CHAMPIONSHIP team based on his glove alone.

The problem is that championship team has to have at least some semblance of an offense to carry a 2B hitting with a 625ish OPS.

The standards for "good" or successful in this organization....setting benchmarks lower and lower, is incredible.

In 2009, Derek Jeter-like impact, liner after liner to RF, doubles machine, captain for the next decade, 750-850 OPS, that was his upside.

SIGHS.

It's the Aaron Rowand, Morel or Brian Anderson Effect. He's a VERY GOOD defender, but he's not quite a Gold Glover, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:07 PM)
The problem is that championship team has to have at least some semblance of an offense to carry a 2B hitting with a 625ish OPS.

The standards for "good" or successful in this organization....setting benchmarks lower and lower, is incredible.

In 2009, Derek Jeter-like impact, liner after liner to RF, doubles machine, captain for the next decade, 750-850 OPS, that was his upside.

SIGHS.

Oh trust me I know the struggle of this teams O.

I'm saying you put Beckham on ANY contender & he improves them immediately at 2B because of his D.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
Oh trust me I know the struggle of this teams O.

I'm saying you put Beckham on ANY contender & he improves them immediately at 2B because of his D.

That's true, but you could have said that about Jordan Danks or Morel a couple of seasons ago, too.

The irrefutable fact is, you can't have 7-8 hitters in the bottom quartile or quintile of OPS.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
AL for sure. Miami might have dibs on worst.

They still have Stanton, fwiw.

He has more trade value than any player in baseball...at least he did, entering the 2013 campaign.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
Fire Manto, hire Big Hurt. Royals are 2-3 since Brett took over. Sox would take two wins out of every five games the rest of the year.

They're not going to do that...although I'm sure they would be better off with Ventura as the hitting coach and someone else as the manager.

Maybe if we brought Rowand and Carl Everett back as coaches, we would have some fighting spirit, lol.

At least the Field Museum Dinosaur Exhibit would get more visitors.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
White Sox being subjected to 2005 theme song "Don't Stop Believin'."

Poor Konerko, having to listen to that and reminisce about the past.

I honestly don't think he cares.

Listening to him in his pre game interviews on WGN he just sounds "DONE"

Sippin on his coffee & just agreeing with the struggles with no solution to any resolve. They asked Paulie if he gets on the younger guys & he said well you know we all seem to have a good attitude in here & whatnot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
That's true, but you could have said that about Jordan Danks or Morel a couple of seasons ago, too.

The irrefutable fact is, you can't have 7-8 hitters in the bottom quartile or quintile of OPS.

Morel & Danks? NO WAY.

Beckham is ARGUABLY the BEST 2B defender in the AL & ALL of baseball. That helps ANY team at that spot.