*The Sqwert is Back* GT 6/5: Sox @ SEA

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
I just heard somewhere that the Sox have not had a lead at the end of an inning in over 72 innings. Wow, that's bad.

Well that's convenient considering they've lost 8 straight.

Edited by pettie4sox

This lineup has not worked all season yet they keep trotting it out there. I understand there are not many options but this is becoming the exact definition of insanity. What the f*** difference does it make if you are shutout one way or another?

The big fat kid gets to bat fourth and the fast guy gets to lead off.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
This lineup has not worked all season yet they keep trotting it out there. I understand there are not many options but this is becoming the exact definition of insanity. What the f*** difference does it make if you are shutout one way or another?

Dunn hit a home run yesterday so he gets to be in the 4 spot for the next 10 games

Reading a book centered around Nick Franklin's minor league season for Clinton in 2010...he just had a big confrontation with Mike Trout's Cedar Rapids Kernels squad.

Interestingly, coming out of high school, Franklin made the Team USA squad and Mike Trout was cut.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
Well that's convenient considering they've lost 8 straight.

I think that the main thing it shows is that our pitchers have been giving leads right back if we do score.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
I think that the main thing it shows is that our pitchers have been giving leads right back if we do score.

Pitchers were due to come back down to earth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
Just giving Gillaspie a day off, as he has also joined the suck parade of late going 1 for his last 19.

I did not see last nights or Monday's game so I assume Gillaspie played third then for both of them. Both of the last two starters were right handed shouldn't Gillespie have sat Monday and gotten his day off then as I believe Saunders is left handed.

I have kind of tuned out from this team as it is dreadful but it would not surprise at all that Gillispie is losing playing time to Keppinger and that they are not treated as a straight platoon.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)

And they average around 2 runs a game, if that, during this streak, so when they do score, it's usually not to take the lead.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)

What do you suggest as an alternative? Everyone on the 40 man roster sucks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
This team continues to just go through the motions. It is funny that the offense "breaks out" with 4 runs last night and then Ventura quickly returns to the standard lineup.

Ventura is just trying to get through the year so he can go back to his life.