*The Sqwert is Back* GT 6/5: Sox @ SEA

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
I hope so because it is not working both ways.

Yep, this disaster clearly isn't his fault, but there's something clearly wrong that started at the end of last year and has continued. This team makes the corpseball teams of the past seem like the '27 Yankees.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Yep, this disaster clearly isn't his fault, but there's something clearly wrong that started at the end of last year and has continued.

I'm still blaming him more than most for how completely unprepared this version of the team has been on defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
I'm still blaming him more than most for how completely unprepared this version of the team has been on defense.

I have nothing to base this on, but maybe with the long spring training, they got lazy from the get go and never came out of it.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
I have nothing to base this on, but maybe with the long spring training, they got lazy from the get go and never came out of it.

I think guys just got way too comfortable under Robin.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)

And I'm still hanging that on the manager.

I'll give Robin all the credit in the world for how focused these guys were on defense in 2012. You could actually see the difference between people who went through his training camp and people who came in later. They hit the cutoff man and did rundowns correctly because they knew what to do.

But that means that every once of credit I give for last year is matched by an ounce of blame for this year.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
What do you suggest as an alternative? Everyone on the 40 man roster sucks.

No clue but how could it be any worse than it is now. Short of being no hit there is no difference in any lineup that is run out there.

This team literally struggles to score a run and they do nothing to change their approach.

The definition of insanity is watching this team hit with the weak grounders and swinging at pitches that they can do nothing with.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
No clue but how could it be any worse than it is now. Short of being no hit there is no difference in any lineup that is run out there.

This team literally struggles to score a run and they do nothing to change their approach.

The definition of insanity is watching this team hit with the weak grounders and swinging at pitches that they can do nothing with.

As much as he'd just be the scapegoat, I can't see how Manto keeps his job after today's game. As you said, they literally struggle to score a single run and have nearly every player on the roster slumping. Even guys like Rios and Gillaspie, the only two players that Hahn said were hitting well this year, are slumping.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
As much as he'd just be the scapegoat, I can't see how Manto keeps his job after today's game. As you said, they literally struggle to score a single run and have nearly every player on the roster slumping. Even guys like Rios and Gillaspie, the only two players that Hahn said were hitting well this year, are slumping.

They should fire Manto and hire Frank Thomas.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
Absolutely, bring in Dave Martinez as the manager and let him choose his coaching staff.

Although TECHNICALLY Martinez is still the Sox family tree . . . In a way.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Although TECHNICALLY Martinez is still the Sox family tree . . . In a way.

No, not in a way. He is a former player, he is definitely in the family tree