6/5 Games

flavum

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Charlie Leesman throwing for the Knights hoping to have another good start.

With Peavy on the shelf for a while, I wonder who would get the nod as the 5th starter if we were to face another injury in the rotation. I think it would have to be Leesman or Johnson. Maybe 29 year old Berken?

I still think Leesman could work as a left-handed long-man. Not sure what else he needs to do to get an extended look.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:18 PM)
I never assume Santiago will ever get the chance to start. Clearly Ventura has some issue w/ Santiago in the rotation, considering how hard he tries to waste him in the pen.

I think it may be more Cooper than Ventura, but who really knows.

If they don't give him the starts though, it's pretty clear they don't see him as a starter long-term.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
Olacio with a nice start: 7 IP, 1 ER, 5 K, 2 BB, 5 H

Good to see. He's young enough that this can purely be a learning year. He hasn't shown much to get excited about before this.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)
Braulio Ortiz is starting to become an interesting name.

Can touch 95-96 with the FB. Has only one breaking pitch right now though, at least that he can control. But some good raw tools there.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:13 AM)
Kanny waking up after slow start. A couple of new faces who joined them a week or 2 ago are hitting well. Josh Richmond and Jake Brown.

Brown is a 30th round pick who put up a .652 OPS in Bristol last year as a 22 year old. Richmond is in his 4th year in A ball. Neither are anything to get excited about, but, they are definitely helping out their team and that's worth something.

W-S has been winning lately too. B-Ham is rockin'.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:18 PM)
I never assume Santiago will ever get the chance to start. Clearly Ventura has some issue w/ Santiago in the rotation, considering how hard he tries to waste him in the pen.

God forbid they go with a guy who's put up a good ERA and a better WHIP in the rotation while adding a left handed arm to the pen who can also go multiple innings at a time.

As of now, with Peavy out, I too think it would be wise to give Santiago an extended stay in the rotation.