AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
Good article, but if the Sox end up being sellers, there's more here than Rios to trade.

I liked the tirade over what Selig likes more. Hit the nail on the head there.

(Not until its rib heals)

• The 16-inning game ended in a 7-5 White Sox victory, but was scoreless through the first 13 innings.
  • The White Sox exploded for 5 runs in the top of the 14th, only to watch the Mariners tie up the game with five runs of their own in the bottom half of the inning, thanks in large part to Kyle Seager's grand slam.
  • It was the first game in history in which both teams ended up scoring five or more runs in a game that had been scoreless through the first nine innings.
  • Kyle Seager's grand slam in the 14th inning was the first game-tying, extra-innings grand slam in history.
  • The five-hour, 42-minute game was the longest home game in Mariners history, and White Sox manager Robin Ventura actually had to leave the game early so he could catch a flight to his daughter's high school graduation.
  • The two teams combined for 12 extra-innings runs, tying the AL record for most runs scored in extras.
  • The two teams accounted for more runs, hits, strikeouts, and pitches in the seven extra innings than they did in the first nine.
  • The winning pitcher, Addison Reed, pitched three innings and surrendered five runs.

http://deadspin.com/yesterdays-white-sox-m...ly-cr-511626557

[*]Kyle Seager's grand slam in the 14th inning was the first game-tying, extra-innings grand slam in history.

I wonder how many other times this has even been possible? There can't be very many times in MLB history that a player has even batted with the bases loaded and his team trailing by exactly 4 runs in an extra inning game.

I've probably been able to watch a combined total of one hour of White Sox baseball on TV this year. For some reason, after I saw on my phone we went up 5-0 in extras, I decided to tune in to see the bottom of that inning and the end of the losing streak. Gosh, what a pleasant viewing experience that was.