2:Quintana

3: Santiago

4: Johnson/Beck/Snodgress

5:Danks/FA/Draft Pick/ Diamond in the Rough

Pen

Reed

Jones

FA's/Minor leaguers

Obviously a few holes to fill but honestly not as bad as some people make it out to be. We do have some good assets and with the right management we could see some future success. The infield and rotation is pretty much set barring injuries/busts/fallbacks(Gillaspie/Beckham). We always do a pretty good job assembling a pen so that shouldn't be an issue. All we need is some power in LF/CF/DH and we should have a pretty athletic and dynamic team. However, if guys like Hawkins and Anderson falter we could have some problems. That's why it's so important the next couple years to build up org. depth through the draft and hopefully this upcoming trading deadline. Could be a cornerstone player away from seriously competing in the next 4-5 years. Gotta have some optimism for the future, esp the way this season is going. Alright, gotta stop procrastinating and write this 2,000 word term paper. Wish me luck...

The Professa

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox grabbed junior college shortstop Tim Anderson with the 17th pick in the draft.

Anderson has great speed and could stay at shortstop for the long haul, but he's probably never going to have a lot of power and he may be more of a bottom-of-the-order guy than someone who can hit leadoff. Also, some feel he may project better in center field than at short.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (professa @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:09 PM)
Actually like our prospects for the future in terms of our offense and Pitching

Few years down the road...

C:Phegly/Flowers/FA

1B: Viciedo

2B:Beckham/Sanchez

SS: Anderson

3B: Gillaspie/Sanchez

LF: FA

CF: FA/Thompson

RF: Hawkins

DH:FA

SP

1:Sale

2:Quintana

3: Santiago

4: Johnson/Beck/Snodgress

5:Danks/FA/Draft Pick/ Diamond in the Rough

Pen

Reed

Jones

FA's/Minor leaguers

Obviously a few holes to fill but honestly not as bad as some people make it out to be. We do have some good assets and with the right management we could see some future success. The infield and rotation is pretty much set barring injuries/busts/fallbacks(Gillaspie/Beckham). We always do a pretty good job assembling a pen so that shouldn't be an issue. All we need is some power in LF/CF/DH and we should have a pretty athletic and dynamic team. However, if guys like Hawkins and Anderson falter we could have some problems. That's why it's so important the next couple years to build up org. depth through the draft and hopefully this upcoming trading deadline. Could be a cornerstone player away from seriously competing in the next 4-5 years. Gotta have some optimism for the future, esp the way this season is going. Alright, gotta stop procrastinating and write this 2,000 word term paper. Wish me luck...

The Professa

I think FA needs to be at catcher as well.

Or trade return from Peavy/Rios/Crain, etc.

Everyone's penciling in Daniel Webb for now in future Sox bullpens....Castro, Rienzo, Santos Rodriguez (if he ever figures out how not to walk people)...lots of bullpen openings, especially if Crain/Thornton/Lindstrom are all dumped.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility they deal Addison Reed, although it would be a huge surprise nevertheless.

My thoughts on the pick will be published soon.

Overall, I have to think the lack of good info on him may be related to the fact that nobody was going to Mississippi juco games to do a lot of scouting.

The tools are for real: plus-plus speed, potential average raw power that already shows up in games and to the opposite field, plus bat speed, above average arm strength and true shortstop actions. Some scouts speculate the industry was slow to come around on him due to an industry bias against Juco players and area scouts embarrassed they didn't even turn this player in last year.

http://sbb.scout.com/a.z?s=381&p=2&amp...%2f1297509.html

Scout.com had him #11 overall.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
Manaea and Dozier pretty decent tandem for the Royals. They should get something done with the money they will be saving.

I don't think signing Manaea is anywhere near a certainty. Huge gamble.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
Laumann himself notes that Anderson might not stick at SS. I'd love to see him in CF personally.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videogallery...or-on-No-1-pick

I agree, it would fill a huge hole if TA can move to CF and then Sanchez can move into the SS role . That's a big IF though, esp if Sanchez doesn't pan out, but if your offense is good enough, we can just settle for a defensive wiz FA if Sanchez is a bust