White Sox draft day one thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
Who would have thunk it. He's one of the best offensive collegiate prospects to come out in years. Great athlete, great power. You show your lack of knowledge. San Diego State plays out west and plays a tough schedule too.

Who is his comp? His college coach sees Troy Glass. Who do you see? You have a lot of knowledge in this area and are well respected by many here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
What will be the approximate difference in Appel's bonus between this year and what he would have received last? I wonder if it was worth the risk. He will get more now, but he also is a year further away from arb and free agency if he is any good.

If he gets slot, it is about double.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
What will be the approximate difference in Appel's bonus between this year and what he would have received last? I wonder if it was worth the risk. He will get more now, but he also is a year further away from arb and free agency if he is any good.

Slot is like $7.7m for #1. It's more like $3m for #9.

Edited by Eminor3rd

Finally home from work.

Is this where my draftnik brethren are posting?

Really love Bryant to the Cubs. Frazier to the Indians was also great. Kohl Stewart makes a fantastic farm system even better. Buxton, Sano, and Kohl? Wow.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Who is his comp? His college coach sees Troy Glass. Who do you see? You have a lot of knowledge in this area and are well respected by many here.

Glaus is a good comp. I think a little less power then Glaus, however, he possesses a better ability to hit for average then Troy did. Defensively has all the tools but still pretty raw at 3rd. I think he should be productive.

Hard for me to say anyone had the raw power that Glaus had. Seems like a very very safe pick though, with consistent all star potential, I Thought that about Pedro Alvarez. Probably one of the best pure college hitters to come out since Pedro Alvarez and Tex.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
I wasn't overly impressed by the video I saw of Bryant. I don't think he'll stick at third and a .329 avg at San Diego State isn't all that great.

31 homers and 66 walks in 62 games though. Kris Bryant is the most sure thing in this entire draft. If they couldn't get Appel, this was the right move. Cubs have a system loaded with position players that quite frankly I am pretty jealous of.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:46 PM)
was going to give credit but I didn't want to confused lol.

Gammons is low key pissed Moran didn't make it to #7. Moran would have beaten the green monster consistently.

What's everyone's take on Braden Shipley? I can see him falling.

Royals would love Shipley I wager.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:42 PM)
Glaus is a good comp. I think a little less power then Glaus, however, he possesses a better ability to hit for average then Troy did. Defensively has all the tools but still pretty raw at 3rd. I think he should be productive.

Hard for me to say anyone had the raw power that Glaus had. Seems like a very very safe pick though, then again, I Thought that about Pedro Alvarez. Probably one of the best pure college hitters to come out since Pedro Alvarez and Tex.

If he's the best college bat available this really is a weak draft class. Mayo seems to think there's a good chance he moves to RF.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
If he's the best college bat available this really is a weak draft class. Mayo seems to think there's a good chance he moves to RF.

I think he plays at 3B. He has a total hose though and is a great athlete...moving to RF doesn't mean he stinks. And he is the best college bat available in a few years, imo. Guys like Bryant are rare breeds. I'm fine with a stud 3B or a stud RF. If the Cubs are patient, he could develop into an above average hitter at 3B with a lot of power and the abiltiy to hit for average. Those type of guys don't grow on trees.

Damn...Boston got Ball.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:48 PM)
I think he plays at 3B. He has a total hose though and is a great athlete...moving to RF doesn't mean he stinks. And he is the best college bat available in years. Guys like Bryant are rare breeds.

Word. Opinions are split if he sticks at 3B. I think he does. But he has the bat for a corner OF spot and athleticism too.