White Sox draft day one thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
As we move closer to the Sox pick, the longer Meadows is on the board the longer Dom Smith is IMO.

My thoughts exactly. Would love it. I'd love Smith. Chi-Chi would be alright too. Not wanting Chris Anderson who I think is the fallback option.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
Royals Review is going to have a field day with this one. Much depends on what they do with the savings they get from this overdraft.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 45s

If the Royals can get Manaea or Bickford with 1st competitive balance pick, this makes sense. That's the gamble.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
Isn't Keon Barnum a projected 1st baseman for us?

Already giving up on him for Dom?

Barnum still hasn't even seen A-ball. He's not the caliber prospect that Smith is either. Also Smith could possible be thrown into a corner OF spot. If they think he;s the BPA, they should take him.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
Isn't Keon Barnum a projected 1st baseman for us?

Already giving up on him for Dom?

Not the way this works.....You take the best player available. Dominic Smith is an advanced bat for a HS player.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
Barnum still hasn't even seen A-ball. He's not the caliber prospect that Smith is either. Also Smith could possible be thrown into a corner OF spot. If they think he;s the BPA, they should take him.

Gotcha. Was just curious. I was high on the Barnum pick last season, but stupid injuries.

My fav player is Phillip Ervin

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:04 PM)
Gotcha. Was just curious. I was high on the Barnum pick last season, but stupid injuries.

My fav player is Phillip Ervin

Ervin intrigues me, but not at 17. That being said I could see the White Sox taking him. Haven't seen many linking him to us though.

This draft is going pretty well for the Sox, it seems. Gonzalez, Smith or Crawford should still be there, with Stanek/Shipley a possibility.

As for the Bryant pick, it wouldn't shock me if this was done with the idea of using Baez as the key member of a package to trade for an established #1 or 2 pitcher.