White Sox draft day one thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:13 PM)
If it means Stanek or Shipley falls to the Sox, I'm ok with it.

I'd be shocked if Shipley did, but same. Stanek could be a steal if that third pitch comes to fruition. Dude was a top 5 overall candidate prior to the season start.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 01:16 AM)
An aside, surprised we haven't heard the Sox and Jagielo linked at all. Downer's Grove guy. Lefty with power. Should stick at 3B. Could be pretty valuable.

Agreed, sounds like there's a good chance the Yanks take him

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
Lost a free agent they made a qualifying offer to

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
free agent compensation or they did not sign their first round pick last year

I thought those were sandwich picks between 1st & 2nd round? Did some teams lose a 1st round pick because they signed somebody?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
An aside, surprised we haven't heard the Sox and Jagielo linked at all. Downer's Grove guy. Lefty with power. Should stick at 3B. Could be pretty valuable.

Somebody brought it up on twitter. But thats all I've heard of him being linked to us.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 01:19 AM)
Don't have a clue about any of these guys but I see 3 catchers in the top 10 of players left....I know they're not gonna help us anytime soon but with the lack of a solid catching prospect in the system wouldn't it make sense to take one of em?

If McGuire fell to the Sox, I would be happy if they take him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
I like Renfroe a lot. I know Sox have taken a lot of OF's lately but nice tools.

I'd take an athletic OF with tools every year if I thought he was a good prospect. You can't go wrong with a toolsy OF or a pitcher with velocity and good stuff. You can never have enough of those players. The trick is to get them to turn out.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
I'd take an athletic OF with tools every year if I thought he was a good prospect. You can't go wrong with a toolsy OF or a pitcher with velocity and good stuff. You can never have enough of those players. The trick is to get them to turn out.

Agreed. I'd also take a lot of shortstops because they can always move to 2B or CF.