Tim Anderson

oldsox

QUOTE (Jim Busby @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
I did not know Don Copper was our HITTING Coach. Hitting is our problem not Pitching

Then they should bring in better hitters. Gordon Ramsay can be your personal chef, but he can't turn chicken s*** into chicken dinner.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
Tim Anderson ‏@TimAnderson7 23m

I'm Gone Throw A Slider When I Throw The First Pitch at the sox game Wednesday..??

It's kind of funny that one of the few words he didn't capitalize is Sox, which is one that should be capitalized. Come on, Tim. That sentence made me cringe.

That said, I hope he has a great career and I'll be rooting for him.

Chicago White Sox

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WHITE SOX SIGN FIRST-ROUND PICK TIM ANDERSON;

SHORTSTOP TO BEGIN CAREER AT ADVANCED ROOKIE BRISTOL

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox signed shortstop Tim Anderson, their first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft, to a minor-league contract with a $2.164-million bonus.

Anderson, a 19-year-old sophomore, was named a First-Team NJCAA Division II All-American in 2013 at East Central Community College in Decatur, Miss. after leading the nation with a .495 (91-184) average and 62 runs scored while finishing second with 41 stolen bases.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound Anderson, who bats and throws right-handed, added 18 doubles, 11 triples, 10 home runs, 45 RBI, a .563 on-base and .864 slugging percentage for the Diamond Warriors this season. He is a finalist for the NJCAA Division II Player of the Year award.

Prior to being drafted by Chicago, Anderson signed a National Letter of Intent to play baseball at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. He is a product of Hillcrest High School in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Anderson, who was recommended by White Sox scout Warren Hughes, will begin his professional career with Advanced Rookie Bristol of the Appalachian League.

Are they going to send him out to Bristol or keep him in Chicago to wait for the next home series...so he can throw out the first pitch and do the obligatory media interviews?

Or send him out to Bristol, bring him back to Chicago, then return him again?

Maybe he has something on his twitter.