White Sox draft thread: Day Two

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 07:35 AM)
Assuming they sign, which players just drafted will crack the White Sox top 25/30 prospects within a year? I'm saying Anderson, Danish, May, Mitchell, Lowry, and Michalczewski (if signed) will all be prospects by this time next year. Last year's draft produced prospects in Hawkins, Barnum, Beck, DiMichele, Hansen, Brennan, Basto, Barraza, Johnson, Ayala, and Coats, including a few good late performers in Kiser and Grabe, as well as two interesting pitching prospects in Guerrero and Throne.

Damn we're stacked.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I wasn't able to post much being at work and all yesterday, but pretty happy with some of the Day 2 selections. Not a big fan of the Jacob May pick. Andrew Mitchell was a steal and great value as a 4th round pick. Really high on him. Thadduis Lowry is an intriguing pick, happy with him. Love the Trey Michalczewski selection. Hope he signs. The rest of the picks aren't all that interesting. Some likely easy underslot signs there though. Should allow money reallocation to Michalczewski and some picks we see today on day 3.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Is the consensus that Mitchell will be a power reliever? In all, I'm content with the draft so far.

I'd imagine they let him start initially. Always has the fallback option of the pen. Unless they want to go the Addison Reed right to the majors route.

I'm also moderately intrigued by the Freudenberg pick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Is the consensus that Mitchell will be a power reliever? In all, I'm content with the draft so far.

Many people think that he is a power reliever. I had heard that he will get every opportunity to start. Keith Law is actually one of the guys that thinks he can stick as a starter. Law had Mitchell ranked as his #35 overall prospect. He had Tim Anderson at #37 overall.