Jays @ Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Come back, MR. FOG/JACK FROST!!!

White Sox/Cooper showing faith in Jones to get things turned around at the big league level has been validated 100%.

Nate's due for a correction. His FIP is 3.3.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 03:07 AM)
They could totally call this game now...

Sox once lost a game due to the fog causing Ordonez, I believe, to miss a fly ball. IIRC, Colon was pitching and Chris Singleton (A's) had the big hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
Sox once lost a game due to the fog causing Ordonez, I believe, to miss a fly ball. IIRC, Colon was pitching and Chris Singleton (A's) had the big hit.

I remember a game that Buehrle pitched out in Oakland (back when we were lucky to win one game on a trip to the West Coast) and it was completely shrouded in fog and mist.

Do the Sox have more close games the past two seasons than any team imaginable? Or any team throughout history?

We score 7 runs and it means nothing. Another close game. This team is never going to do anything of note again unless it develops the capability of winning its share of blowouts.

:hawk:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
Alexei trying to get too fancy again on that DP. Second time this year he was unable to at least get one out on a play like that.

Got a bad feeling about this game.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:24 PM)
Well, it's not like he's getting battered around the diamond.

A weak ball to short center and an infield grounder aren't "bad."

Dont listen to me.....I'm drinking

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
Do the Sox have more close games the past two seasons than any team imaginable? Or any team throughout history?

We score 7 runs and it means nothing. Another close game. This team is never going to do anything of note again unless it develops the capability of winning its share of blowouts.

2005 team says hello.

Because they became so confident scoring first and then holding one and two run leads late, it helped them immeasurably in the playoffs/World Series, and when they were under pressure from the Indians in August/September.

Our typical Sox offense the last decade has had a lot of blowout wins, but hasn't spread the offense out effectively enough to make it more often to the post-season.

Edited by caulfield12