We just lost to the Astros

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 04:08 AM)
Looks like we didnt score an earned run. Rock bottom impossibly gets lower and lower.

Not one player you can pencil in to the starting lineup 2 years from now and be confident they'll still be here. Really disappointed in Viciedo's horrible season, as that's probably the worst thing of this season so far. Hahn just has to try to clear as much payroll as possible the next year and a half and completely change the core of this offense.

Is that surprising? This isn't a good team. They will continue to flounder and some pieces will be dealt around the deadline. Hope for a decent draft pick in what is looking like a solid draft class next year. Then pray that the minors can churn out a few pieces in the coming years that can contribute around the time the Tigers window is closing.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Not sure if you were watching, but it was an infield hit that Carter absolutely should have picked.

Dan Hayes basically just absolved his struggles because the rest of the lineup is struggling.....dont know if he has actually been paying attention to Flowers since he has been in baseball.

I doubt there's anybody but ElRockin and maybe Dick Allen that isn't convinced this team is going nowhere. I won't be fooled again if the team gets hot for a week. This team has some good pitchers to go with one of the worst everyday lineups in baseball. Sox might have survived if they caught the ball this year as they did last year.

But you combine the worst offense in baseball (or one of the worst) with the worst defense (or one of the worst) and you get a last place team in the AL Central (unless we beat out the Tribe).

Start wheeling and dealing, Mr. Hahn. Get those trades brewing and please put this team in position to win next year following the acquisition of some GOOD free agents to go with the trades you make.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
So you're saying we're not good? Yeah, no s***. High five.

Get used to these discussions. I know these threads upset people, perhaps we'll have a "We just beat the Astros thread" tomorrow to even out the negativity

(Goes for the low five)

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
First White Sox pitcher since at least 1916 to ever strike out 14 batters (or more) and suffer the defeat, per southsidesox.com

I wonder how many Sox pitchers have struck out 14 in history. Sale is the man.

Did anyone else just hear rongey?

Someone (probably someone who posts here) called and started getting all negative about everything including pitching. The caller kept interrupting rongey. Rongey hung up on him or "put him on hold" then gave him a good talking to. When he was done he was trying to read his next on the score line, but instead said 'I don't care who is next I am out of here. I won't be here tomorrow or sunday.' I thought it was pretty funny.

Edited by MAX

Anybody remember when I always blasted alexei for his lazy, fancy and stupid baseball?

When I was blasted for it , and given the he should have won the gold glove story by the stat lovers here?

Time proved me right.......

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 06:32 AM)
Anybody remember when I always blasted alexei for his lazy, fancy and stupid baseball?

When I was blasted for it , and given the he should have won the gold glove story by the stat lovers here?

He's still one of the best defensive shortstops in the game.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 04:32 AM)

Yeah...that was awesome.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Yeah...that was awesome.

Not trying to be awesome. ;)

Just saying, that the signs were there. Maybe you should have posted your comment in green next time.......

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
Get used to these discussions. I know these threads upset people, perhaps we'll have a "We just beat the Astros thread" tomorrow to even out the negativity

(Goes for the low five)

Get used to these discussions? It is all the buzzards of Soxtalk will allow to be talked about. Some people just like misery.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
Not trying to be awesome. ;)

Just saying, that the signs were there. Maybe you should have posted your comment in green next time.......

Alexei playing with his head up his ass is nothing new, and doesn't take a genius to notice. You have to live with the bad plays because the great ones still occur.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Alexei playing with his head up his ass is nothing new, and doesn't take a genius to notice. You have to live with the bad plays because the great ones still occur.

I agree the great plays are nice and great, but I rather have a steady shortstop that makes all the routine plays and few a few awesome than the other way around. The awesome plays happen one in ten. You win with steady heads up players, I know thàt is obvious..