We just lost to the Astros

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 03:03 AM)
yup, get that #1 pick please

Astros and Cubs are playing better baseball than the Sox. Mets are going to be calling up Wheeler soon, but their offense is abysmal. When it's all said and done, I fully expect Marlins to get 1st pick and Astros 2nd. One "advantage" the Sox have to racking up the losses is the tough schedule they have the rest of the way.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Astros and Cubs are playing better baseball than the Sox. Mets are going to be calling up Wheeler soon, but their offense is abysmal. When it's all said and done, I fully expect Marlins to get 1st pick and Astros 2nd. One "advantage" the Sox have to racking up the losses is the tough schedule they have the rest of the way.

Yep. A top 5 pick would be great. There's not a chance they finish worse than Houston or Miami though. I still think when all is said and done a pick in the 7 to 10 range is where the Sox end up.

Edited by DirtySox

If the Sox do better than 6-13 against the Tigers I'll be surprised. Wouldn't shock me in the least if the Sox went 4-15 vs Det.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:09 AM)
Yep. A top 5 pick would be great. There's not a chance they finish worse than Houston or Miami though. I still think when all is said and done a pick in the 7 to 10 range is where the Sox end up.

You have a lot more confidence in the ability of the Sox to win games against the Tigers than I do with a "blown up" roster.

If Hahn sells off Alexei, Rios, Peavy, Crain and Thornton we could very easily compete for the #1 pick

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
6th pick in the draft. Keep losing.

I get the impression that problems could be solved by better instruction and scouting. If that isn't fixed, it doesn't matter who you pick unless the guy is major league ready.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 03:04 AM)

I think we finish with the second worst record behind the Marlins. I guess we could finish with the third worst.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
Asdrubal Cabrera

Joking right?

The same Asdrubal Cabrera who has put up a UZR of -5, -5.5, -11, -7.7 and -4.5 over the past five years? He has a career UZR/150 at SS of -9.8. He's actually not good at all, but since he's made some highlight reel plays in the last couple seasons and landed on SportsCenter all of a sudden people think he's got a good glove

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)

What does the top 5 in next years draft look like prospect-wise?

So I get to see the Sox play in person twice this year (Friday night and today), and they lose both games. At least I saw us make history on Friday night when Sale became the 1st Sox pitcher in 100+ years to strike out 14+ and take the loss.

But seriously, I don't even care that much b/c I got to spend Father's Day enjoying a Sox game with my Dad. And that's something I'll always appreciate and remember.

Nice! Good comparison that was awesome. Valentin's power never went away tho

Valentin never had to pee in a cup either.

I agree that finding an upgrade to Alexei is going to be frustrating, but if someone makes a good trade offer for him, I don't hesitate to let him go.