6/22 White Sox at KC Royals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
The most overblown thing is the reaction when certain pitchers dominate the Sox over several starts.

So we finally got to Guthrie. Funny how now I don't care at all.

Because it doesn't mean anything NOW.

It would have meant all the world to pick up those wins LAST SEASON, when we really needed each and every win so desperately.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 8h

Happy 38th birthday, Esteban Yan. Allowed inside the park HR to Paul Konerko, and allowed a HR to Jon Garland. In the same MLB career.

Milhouse's favorite baseball player!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
Not sure anyone is watching but asking De Aza to sacrifice bunt with 2 guys on in the 3rd is f***ing stupid.

You don't like having your best hitter with RISP and third leading HR hitter bunting?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
Haha well played, sir. I don't really want anyone bunting but I know that is extreme as well.

All you're doing is lowering your chances of a big inning. With someone like De Aza at the plate, a DP is very unlikely anyways. Against a pitcher with a 5 ERA, you shouldn't have to try and play for one run in the 3rd inning.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
And there's a lead.

Great stuff. Was listening to the first three innings coming down the road from Belfast, losing by one. Just sat down now after a great day to watch us score two...

Don't stop now BOYS!!!

Are these simply two bad teams going at it this weekend? Or are the Royals truly a "good team" now? If we hold on and win today I'd say the Royals remain a mental mess. They'd have dropped four in a row since the baserunning gaffe in Cleveland.

The Sox are what the doctor ordered for Davis, who has been crap all year, a little better in June.

Edited by greg775