6/22 Games

jthunder93

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
I like the shorthand. Something has to be done. Zoo?

I like M'zewski so far, but we need a better nickname for sure. Trey responds to the nickname question: https://twitter.com/T_Michalczewski/status/...627079413260288

Either way, it's hard not to get a little excited about 4 walks in the first 2 games from an 18 year old.

Basto had a grand slam for Great Falls. Nice to see he's having a solid start.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
I wouldn't be as hard on you if you didn't feel strongly against the notion just last week.

I brought up the Mitchell/Walker comparison because we've been down this road, rushing a raw athlete up a level before he's ready for the pitching is a risk to his development (of course people are still fairly optimistic about Walker because he WAS having a nice June).

That was when he was still above .200.

He was way down in the .150's and .160's, recovered all the way to .229, but I never thought he'd go back down under .200 for the remainder of the season. Thought he had things somewhat figured out to at least make it through the next 2 1/2 months at Winston-Salem.

When you're going 3/40+ AB's with that many K's, it's starting to become counterproductive.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:45 AM)
That was when he was still above .200.

He was way down in the .150's and .160's, recovered all the way to .229, but I never thought he'd go back down under .200 for the remainder of the season. Thought he had things somewhat figured out to at least make it through the next 2 1/2 months at Winston-Salem.

When you're going 3/40+ AB's with that many K's, it's starting to become counterproductive.

He's hitting .190 as of today. Way to exaggerate. Seems like you were analyzing based on a pure batting average to me, based on that post. The only difference between today and two weeks ago he was hitting homeruns, but he isn't anymore. Two weeks ago, he still boast the BB% and base hit minus HR % as he is today.

So you basically went from open for promotion to Double A two weeks ago, to have him stay put last week, and now you suggest to demote him this week. Sometimes you got to look at the numbers and analyze further. Just by looking at his numbers minus the HRs he didn't he look like he has things figure out, even two weeks ago.