6/23- Sox @ KC

flavum

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 05:42 PM)
I believe Ramirez has played every inning at SS this season.

I'm sure they'd love to dump him.

I'm not sure who would take him.

And who plays SS when he's gone -- Keppinger, Beckham, Sanchez, Morel??? No good option.

It's time for a change. No doubt. But who do they change to?

Alan Bannister for all I care....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
I believe Ramirez has played every inning at SS this season.

I'm sure they'd love to dump him.

I'm not sure who would take him.

And who plays SS when he's gone -- Keppinger, Beckham, Sanchez, Morel??? No good option.

It's time for a change. No doubt. But who do they change to?

They're going to have to acquire a stopgap at the deadline or go to someone like Tyler Greene.

Sanchez isn't close to being ready. Keppinger would be a disaster. If Beckham wasn't hitting so well, I'd consider trying him there, but don't want to mess with him. Morel, no way in Hades.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
He's the CEO, essentially.

The buck stops with him, not Hahn. Hahn's seemingly just a puppet unless he proves otherwise.

Someone has to step up and lead this team out of the quicksand.

Oh ok so its sort of a conspiracy theory that Rick Hahn isnt actually doing what he'd paid to do....got it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
Oh ok so its sort of a conspiracy theory that Rick Hahn isnt actually doing what he'd paid to do....got it.

I'm still waiting for ONE SIGN this season that someone's being held accountable for the results we've seen consistently on the field (or lack thereof).

Can you name one?

They had a team meeting and additional fielding practice once. Wow. Problem solved.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
This team has no desire to win just collect paychecks the 15th and the 30th.

Ding ding ding. We have a winning post. It's actually been this way a while now, IMO. The way the Sox gave away that game was completely disgraceful. I was in the car listening on the radio here and even the Royals announcers admitted KC didn't win, but the Sox gave it to them. Disgraceful baseball team on the South Side this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 05:52 PM)
I'm still waiting for ONE SIGN this season that someone's being held accountable for the results we've seen consistently on the field (or lack thereof).

Can you name one?

They had a team meeting and additional fielding practice once. Wow. Problem solved.

So because there hasnt been drastic action taken yet in the middle of the season means that the people who are getting paid to run this baseball team are just puppets to the Sith Lord Darth Reinsdorf?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
So because there hasnt been drastic action taken yet in the middle of the season means that the people who are getting paid to run this baseball team are just puppets to the Sith Lord Darth Reinsdorf?

What I'm pissed about is that nothing more was done in the offseason. If us living room GM's could have saw this coming in January (and we did), why couldn't those getting paid to do the job see the future? A decision to rebuild or to go for it should have been done months ago. Instead, we kept the team largely intact,decid signed a couple of marginal players in free agency, and decided the team was set for 2013. I was never the biggest Kenny Williams fan (I think he gave up too much too often), but if this is what we can expect from Hahn moving forward, it will be a long time til we have a team worth watching again.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 11:57 PM)
What I'm pissed about is that nothing more was done in the offseason. If us living room GM's could have saw this coming in January (and we did), why couldn't those getting paid to do the job see the future? A decision to rebuild or to go for it should have been done months ago. Instead, we kept the team largely intact,decid signed a couple of marginal players in free agency, and decided the team was set for 2013. I was never the biggest Kenny Williams fan (I think he gave up too much too often), but if this is what we can expect from Hahn moving forward, it will be a long time til we have a team worth watching again.

Who on Earth saw the defense collapsing like this in January?