6/24 Games

Dunt

QUOTE (BPK @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 07:28 PM)
He was completely overwhelmed in both of those Ks too. Just wandering aimlessly through each at bat.

Are you there, physically, watching him?

Let's go guys. The goal is to have longer minor league threads than Game Threads for the White Sox.

That will be a telling indictment of this season for the front office to consider. That there are quite a few Sox fans who care about the minor league results than anything happening in Chicago.

It's definitely more interesting and compelling. Especially the Hawkins situation.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
That Bristol lineup is going to have a very difficult time scoring runs, yikes

It's always that way. The Sox give them the younger or lower drafted players and the team always struggles.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Are you there, physically, watching him?

Nah, watching on the milb.tv deal. The camera angle doesn't allow you to see anything mechanical in any detail, but his approach still leaps out at you. He lunges after everything that spins, and as soon as a pitcher gets him to chase one thing, he can throw it again another two times and the at bat's over. Basically, it's what we've all read about, but somehow even more painful to watch. Also, I haven't seen him run into one of the HRs, so I don't have that to mitigate my depression.

QUOTE (BPK @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:50 AM)
Nah, watching on the milb.tv deal. The camera angle doesn't allow you to see anything mechanical in any detail, but his approach still leaps out at you. He lunges after everything that spins, and as soon as a pitcher gets him to chase one thing, he can throw it again another two times and the at bat's over. Basically, it's what we've all read about, but somehow even more painful to watch. Also, I haven't seen him run into one of the HRs, so I don't have that to mitigate my depression.

Even on most of his homers, you can see how awful his mechanics are. If you go on milb.com and search Hawkins, it will come up with a handful of videos showing his homers.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
Micah- 2 for 3, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 SB

3 for 4 now with 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, and 1 SB. Anderson ended up going 1 for 4 with a triple and 3 K's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
Anderson with 8 strikeouts in 21 ABs after having 12 in 182 during his juco season :)

And contact was supposedly one of his strengths.

Well, that "promotion" to start the season in Kanny instead of Great Falls will always be questioned, no matter what happens statistically.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
Anderson with 8 strikeouts in 21 ABs after having 12 in 182 during his juco season :)

Hopefully just a blip. I'm sure it's easy to give up some at-bats coming off a long layoff against the best pitchers you've ever seen

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
Hopefully just a blip. I'm sure it's easy to give up some at-bats coming off a long layoff against the best pitchers you've ever seen

And just the ramp up in competition from Mississippi JUCO baseball to the full-season low minors.

Not comparable.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:03 AM)

Yeah, not worried at all about it, just thought it was interesting given his great contact numbers from his collegiate season.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 09:02 PM)
He's up there with Johnson as a prospect as far as I'm concerned.

He (Thompson) has to be...nobody else has more raw (overall) potential in the system, other than Hawkins.

Some might argue Barnum, Tim Anderson or Micah, but it's one of those five, as far as position players go.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 09:07 PM)
Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm being reactionary but he has a far better chance than Hawkins of making the majors.

I'm ready to give up on Mitchell at this point, but it's going to take at least until 2015 before being willing to throw in the towel on Hawkins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm being reactionary but he has a far better chance than Hawkins of making the majors.

The fact he is very likely to stick as legitimate CF by most accounts is a big deal. I'm pleased that the Sox have let him develop at a more conservative pace.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:10 AM)
I'm ready to give up on Mitchell at this point, but it's going to take at least until 2015 before being willing to throw in the towel on Hawkins.

Never said I was giving up on Hawkins. Far from it, but something has to be done soon to help him out.