6/25 Games

Dunt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)
Kind of a bummer Johnson didn't make it, but not a surprise.

I'm surprised to be honest. He has some of the best numbers in the minors.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 05:53 PM)
I'm surprised to be honest. He has some of the best numbers in the minors.

This is the thing you should remember with prospect lists. No matter how good someone performs...the guys making those lists play favorites. Not necessarily even on purpose; they go to see teams they believe are loaded and they like guys who others like.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)
I've noticed that trend :( Didnt they not even have Sale ranked a few seasons ago?

Probably a good reason for that...Sale was brought up and became a big league contributor very rapidly and as a consequence was never in the minors long enough to be considered a "prospect". He used up his eligibility as a rookie when he was called up right after being drafted.

Totally. Which makes the crap we get for our system funnier. We never get credit for Sale. Not trying to say our system is the greatest but I'd bet the majority of systems would like to trade their graduates of the last few years for ours. (Sale, Reed, Jones, maybe Hudson). Everybody wants a Chris Sale.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
Totally. Which makes the crap we get for our system funnier. We never get credit for Sale. Not trying to say our system is the greatest but I'd bet the majority of systems would like to trade their graduates of the last few years for ours. (Sale, Reed, Jones, maybe Hudson). Everybody wants a Chris Sale.

The crazy thing is that Chris Sale could have been making his major league debut right about now, and it wouldn't have even been strange. Instead we have about three full years worth of major league time out of him.