NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
What happened this time?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-07...rose-brian-cole

"We couldn't base his whole career on one year," Reggie Rose said. "We look at the longevity of it. Derrick is going into his fifth year. I think Derrick should probably be able to play 15 to 18 years. So it was like why take a gamble on one year when we can make sure that he's all right and have him for the next 10 years? That was ultimately the decision we made as a team after he tried to get back. And we just stuck with it."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-07...rose-brian-cole

"We couldn't base his whole career on one year," Reggie Rose said. "We look at the longevity of it. Derrick is going into his fifth year. I think Derrick should probably be able to play 15 to 18 years. So it was like why take a gamble on one year when we can make sure that he's all right and have him for the next 10 years? That was ultimately the decision we made as a team after he tried to get back. And we just stuck with it."

Probably not on purpose, but he basically admitted he made that decision for Derrick and that was the plan the whole time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
Exactly.

Granted, I knew this the whole time, but I don't think I actually wanted to know the truth now that I think of it. Now it's gonna come out that Derrick shares his baby's mama with Reggie too.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
Granted, I knew this the whole time, but I don't think I actually wanted to know the truth now that I think of it. Now it's gonna come out that Derrick shares his baby's mama with Reggie too.

Seriously it was as obvious as Ozzie setting his kids up to say stuff that he didn't want to say in public.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)
It still makes zero sense when you consider the medical community says you're fine to play and you're not at a greater risk for re-injury.

Derrick is Reggie's meal ticket. It makes perfect sense in that context.

The muckrakers at MediaTakeOut have done it again, this time uncovering a very odd legal document that was drawn up in 2007 by lawyers representing NBA player J.J. Redick and his then-pregnant ex-girlfriend, model Vanessa Lopez. The document is essentially a contract that seems to be the result of Redick and Lopez negotiating how the latter's impending abortion should be handled.

ku-xlarge.png

Basically, Lopez agreed to undergo an abortion on the condition that Redick agree to maintain a "relationship" with her for at least one year. Yes, that is very strange. But! Things get stranger still:

ku-xlarge.png

The contract goes on to make further stipulations, including a confidentiality agreement and a warning that any contact between the two after the "relationship" has reached its conclusion would be considered stalking.

Redick was a 22-year-old rookie at the time this agreement was drawn up, and Lopez has since gone on to date and get into legal disputes with other NBA players. We can now add this document into the annals of sad and scummy things that happen when basketball players hook up with models.

http://deadspin.com/j-j-redick-and-his-ex-...contr-883029608

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Either side would have to be so pissed at each other to have that relationship end. Seriously, if she has it end, she doesn't get $25k, and if he has it end, he has to pay $25k just to get rid of her.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This chick has also had problems with Shaq & Kenyon Martin....