NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
I think the Bulls have an outside chance at a championship and they might be the favorite if one of the big three were to get hurt. You aren't going to get anything of significance for Deng (a non-lotto 1st? That's worth about nothing). May as well ride the season out.

The only chance the Bulls have is if LeBron gets hurt. Considering his history, I wouldn't bet my future on that. With the way the Bulls have been productive under this regime in 1st round picks, I have no problem moving Deng for a middle of the first round draft pick or better. Either that or someone they can target with longer under team control they think they can rescue and develop.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
The only chance the Bulls have is if LeBron gets hurt. Considering his history, I wouldn't bet my future on that. With the way the Bulls have been productive under this regime in 1st round picks, I have no problem moving Deng for a middle of the first round draft pick or better. Either that or someone they can target with longer under team control they think they can rescue and develop.

To me, they showed they were vulnerable last year in both the ECF and the Finals. Maybe you don't beat them, but I think it's absolutely worth the chance.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Ya, no chance I'm trading Deng before the season. This years team can win the championship.

I want to ask in reply if we're 100% sure Derrick Rose won't sit the season out again. Mostly I'm just writing this post because I'm still pissed off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
I want to ask in reply if we're 100% sure Derrick Rose won't sit the season out again. Mostly I'm just writing this post because I'm still pissed off.

I think we have to be at 110% to feel good about him playing this season.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
To me, they showed they were vulnerable last year in both the ECF and the Finals. Maybe you don't beat them, but I think it's absolutely worth the chance.

They have vulnerabilities for sure, I just don't think the Bulls are built to beat them. Switching LeBron on to Rose shuts down the Bulls offense until proven otherwise.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
Michael Beasley signs with the Heat. I wonder if they will be able to get anything out of him. His first few years in the league he had some major flaws and issues but he also showed quite a bit of ability.

lol. What a f***in' joke. The Heat get another potential high-impact, virtually no-risk guy for free. They've got three max guys and they're now the deepest team in the league.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
lol. What a f***in' joke. The Heat get another potential high-impact, virtually no-risk guy for free. They've got three max guys and they're now the deepest team in the league.

The odds of Oden's knees staying intact and Beasley putting down the bong long enough to make any kind of impact are extremely slim. Hell, Miami's opponents might be better off if Beasley DOES play major minutes, that guy is terrible.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
The odds of Oden's knees staying intact and Beasley putting down the bong long enough to make any kind of impact are extremely slim. Hell, Miami's opponents might be better off if Beasley DOES play major minutes, that guy is terrible.

Maybe he can get Lebron hooked on something...

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)

And those are the scenarios all non-heat fans better pray for. If the opposite happens - #3peat

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
And those are the scenarios all non-heat fans better pray for. If the opposite happens - #3peat

I'm sure non-Heat fans are far more concerned about Lebron than a guy that hasn't played in 3 years and a guy that was cut by THE SUNS.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
I'm sure non-Heat fans are far more concerned about Lebron than a guy that hasn't played in 3 years and a guy that was cut by THE SUNS.

Well, yeah. I guess you got me there. Point being there's no risk (money, years, team chemistry, etc) with both yet the return could be big. Beasley's contract isn't even guaranteed. So he knows from jump he could get cut at any moment. If he can't behave with the Heat, the number #1 organization in the NBA, then his career is pretty much over. Oden was courted by at least a half a dozen teams, including the second best (Spurs) organization in the NBA.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)

Beas is being overrated based on his draft position. Even if he does score, he will give up WAY more on the D end.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
I think really all Beasley offers the heat is a stretch-4 who can put it on the floor a little bit. Then again, with that team, they can pretty much put anybody anywhere and be successful

They already have Bosh for that and Bosh >>> Beasley.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
I think really all Beasley offers the heat is a stretch-4 who can put it on the floor a little bit. Then again, with that team, they can pretty much put anybody anywhere and be successful

Which is all they would need. They don't need him to live up to his draft status. Just to be a complimentary piece. And apparently it was Beasley who went to the Heat and said he had no problem with a non-guaranteed deal. So he wants to be there. It's one thing to f*** up with the Suns. You ain't comin' to South Beach and f***in' s*** up. First screw up, he's gone and he knows it.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)
Oooh the Heat have Beasley and Oden, I'm scurrred!

Not really, no one on the Heat scares me but LeBron. Take LBJ away and the Bulls beat them in 5, maybe even sweep.

Yeah, well, LeBron's not going anywhere. And it's not about being scared. Oden eradicates their main weakness from the last two years if his knees hold up. History says they won't. Creative organizations try anyway.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Which is all they would need. They don't need him to live up to his draft status. Just to be a complimentary piece. And apparently it was Beasley who went to the Heat and said he had no problem with a non-guaranteed deal. So he wants to be there. It's one thing to f*** up with the Suns. You ain't comin' to South Beach and f***in' s*** up. First screw up, he's gone and he knows it.

Well the bars are open till 5 AM, it's pretty easy to f*** s*** up. When we were on our way to our cruise ship, we saw some people who looked like they'd been on a bender all night looking to start it up again. And I'm sure the weed is just fine too. Plus there are far more women in Miami than there would be in Phoenix (not that Arizona is a problem).

He might just thrive in a complementary role because he sure hasn't when he's been the guy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)

I really think you're missing a big part of the point with Beasley. It's not just that he's a lazy screw-up, there are significant issues with his game that prevent him from being good. It's even worse if he's a "complementary piece" because he doesn't offer anything that your typical quality role player brings to the table. He's an atrocious defender, not a high-energy guy that will get you loose balls, a below average floor spacer (typically a passable percentage, low attempts from outside), he forces tough shots, basically never passes, is a middling rebounder and he has a pretty high turnover rate (the raw numbers don't look bad, but consider how little distributing and dribbling he does).

Really his only useful skill is volume scoring, something the Heat don't remotely need. I'd honestly be shocked if he plays a bigger role than Rashard Lewis or James Jones did the last few years (two guys that played very few meaningful minutes). At least Oden fills a need if by some miracle he's healthy.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
I really think you're missing a big part of the point with Beasley. It's not just that he's a lazy screw-up, there are significant issues with his game that prevent him from being good. It's even worse if he's a "complementary piece" because he doesn't offer anything that your typical quality role player brings to the table. He's an atrocious defender, not a high-energy guy that will get you loose balls, a below average floor spacer (typically a passable percentage, low attempts from outside), he forces tough shots, basically never passes, is a middling rebounder and he has a pretty high turnover rate (the raw numbers don't look bad, but consider how little distributing and dribbling he does).

Really his only useful skill is volume scoring, something the Heat don't remotely need. I'd honestly be shocked if he plays a bigger role than Rashard Lewis or James Jones did the last few years (two guys that played very few meaningful minutes). At least Oden fills a need if by some miracle he's healthy.

I disagree completely. I will not deny that he's been horses*** the last two years. His first three years were solid, if not spectacular. 6'10 with the ability to shoot it and put the ball on the floor is nothing to scoff at. And the dude is 24. On the right team (he's on the right team) with the right coaching (spoelstra is a top 5 coach in the game) there's more than enough talent/skill for him to succeed - if , of course, he's got his dome straight.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:26 PM)
I disagree completely. I will not deny that he's been horses*** the last two years. His first three years were solid, if not spectacular. 6'10 with the ability to shoot it and put the ball on the floor is nothing to scoff at. And the dude is 24. On the right team (he's on the right team) with the right coaching (spoelstra is a top 5 coach in the game) there's more than enough talent/skill for him to succeed - if , of course, he's got his dome straight.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beaslmi01.html

Not really.

He's been awful the last two years, but he wasn't that much better before. He's just not an efficient offensive player and he's lazy on defense.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beaslmi01.html

Not really.

He's been awful the last two years, but he wasn't that much better before. He's just not an efficient offensive player and he's lazy on defense.

Not really what? I said solid. You might have a different definition of solid than I do. A 17.2 PER as a rook is hardly awful. If it is, Bulls fans need to stop slobbing Luol Deng, who is painfully overrated (though I suspect Jimmy Butler will take Luol's title). And the Bulls employ Carlos Boozer. That alone should prove elite team defense can cover up individual abominations.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:26 PM)

Spectacular? Seriously? There's a reason 3 teams dumped him for basically nothing.