NBA Thread 2013-2014

I'm staying out of this Miami/Chicago bulls*** until the playoffs. They're both going to win 60 games and crush a lot of bad opponents. The Bulls play balls-to-the-walls every game so they'll beat some good ones too. Nothing really matters until the second round of the playoffs though when the top-4 in the East all play each other.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point out that disingenuous to claim that Bulls/Pacers teams models have failed to bother the heat. The Heat have been in 3 straight finals and won 2 of the last 3 of those. If there was any team model I thought could beat the heat it was the Thunder and they were put away without much fight.

The Pacers did take the Heat to 7 games. The Spurs, with a different build took Heat to 7 games as well. The Celtics also took Heat to 7 games. But yes, the Heat won because the Heat have beaten all the teams.

So the HEat are a really good team that have beaten other really good teams. I don't think we know much about beating the heat beside 1. limit fast break points 2. force them to shoot jumpers 3. Hit your open 3s.

If the Bulls 3pt % and 3pt attempts are as terrible as it was last year I'll be worried. But it should be better. I don't see why Bulls team set-up or Pacers set-up couldn't beat the heat, but you need to actually beat them to know. Nobody really knows.

I wonder why Heat fans are so high on Mario Chalmers? I mean, nobody has ever looked at the Heat's lineup and been like "oh s***, what are we going to do about Mario Chalmers?" Dude is nothing more than a speed bump for Rose. Come back when you are Westbrook or CP3 (Westbrook's the only PG he hasn't decisively dominated, it's a draw when they play)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 07:12 AM)
I wonder why Heat fans are so high on Mario Chalmers? I mean, nobody has ever looked at the Heat's lineup and been like "oh s***, what are we going to do about Mario Chalmers?" Dude is nothing more than a speed bump for Rose. Come back when you are Westbrook or CP3 (Westbrook's the only PG he hasn't decisively dominated, it's a draw when they play)

Mario Chalmers is the point guard for Miami in the sense that he handles the in bound pass, dribbles it up the court, and then passes to LeBron. He's not a bad player in that system, but he was a second round pick for a reason.

Mario Chalmers is good in the sense that John Paxson was good. They are very good role players who benefit by having multiple superstars around them to hide their glaring deficiencies.

Chalmers can hit wide open 3s, which is what the Heat need.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
This. And he's cheap.

With the Big 3, Chalmers is a very efficient shooter (mid to high .500 TS%) worthy of a starter's role if there aren't better options. Put him on another team and he'd be a fringe backup PG.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)

Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?

1. Nikola Mirotic -- 25.0%

Which is the best defensive team in the NBA?

1. Chicago -- 43.3%

Which head coach has the best defensive schemes?

1. Tom Thibodeau, Chicago -- 58.6%