NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
So when the Heat overload on Derrick again in the playoffs, whose gonna create his own shot (or create for others) to make the Heat pay? Butler? Old broken down Hinrich? Who? Are we even gonna be healthy come playoffs? Noah, Deng, Hinrich, I'm looking at you...

I'm as giddy as anyone here on the Rose but I'm still skeptical on the Bulls actually knocking off prime LeBron. The dude just owns us in the postseason and I still don't see who we added who's going to take some pressure off Rose in late game situations. Personally, I don't think the Heat threepeat but I just don't see us as the team that puts them away.

I really do hope I'm wrong though.

Rose's improved range and yes, the athletic freak known as Jimmy Butler will make quite a difference. The Bulls are just long all around. They are going to be great defensively against the Heat while being damn hard to guard with that length. Even Dunleavy is almost 7 feet tall.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
So when the Heat overload on Derrick again in the playoffs, whose gonna create his own shot (or create for others) to make the Heat pay? Butler? Old broken down Hinrich? Who? Are we even gonna be healthy come playoffs? Noah, Deng, Hinrich, I'm looking at you...

I'm as giddy as anyone here on the Rose but I'm still skeptical on the Bulls actually knocking off prime LeBron. The dude just owns us in the postseason and I still don't see who we added who's going to take some pressure off Rose in late game situations. Personally, I don't think the Heat threepeat but I just don't see us as the team that puts them away.

I really do hope I'm wrong though.

I'm with you. They can do whatever they want during the regular season, nothing matters until the playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 09:05 AM)
Rose's improved range and yes, the athletic freak known as Jimmy Butler will make quite a difference. The Bulls are just long all around. They are going to be great defensively against the Heat while being damn hard to guard with that length. Even Dunleavy is almost 7 feet tall.

+1. The Heat really dared Rose to beat them with his jump shot and he just couldn't (it didn't help that he was on a bum ankle at the time).

Butler is a huge difference because not only can he hit 3s at a decent rate (38% last year in the regular season and over 40% in the playoffs), but he is also a threat to drive to the rim and draw fouls. He averaged about 4.5 FTs per game last year in the playoffs and this was playing with a depleted Bulls team. Butler is already a better 3 PT shooter than Bogans ever was and is clearly a much better all around player. This isn't the same Bulls team as three years ago and they shouldn't be treated as such.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Ladies and Gents, the NBA season has just about arrived. May 2014 continue to be as kind to us as every year since 2006 in this new golden age of analytics, advanced defenses, small ball, offensive spacing and 3pt shooting as at the end of the year we will welcome what many are saying is the greatest crop of draft prospects we've ever seen.

Eastern conference regular season standings:

1: Heat

2: Bulls

3: Pacers (had the Pacers at 2 until Granger's latest set back)

4: Nets

5: Knicks

6: Wizards

7: Pistons

8: Cavs (would have them 5th with a healthy Bynum. But that never happens)

First round:

(1) Heat over (8) Cavs

(2) Bulls over (7) Pistons

(3) Pacers over (6) Wizards

(4) Nets over (5) Knicks

Conference semis:

(4) Nets over (1) Heat

(2) Bulls over (3) Pacers

Conference finals:

(4) Nets over (2) Bulls

Western conference regular season standings:

1: Clippers

2: Thunder

3: Rockets

4: Spurs

5: Warriors

6: Grizzlies

7: Mavs

8: Timberwolves

First round:

(1) Clippers over (8) Timberwolves

(2) Thunder over (7) Mavs

(3) Rockets over (6) Grizzlies

(5) Warriors over (4) Spurs

Conference semis:

(1) Clippers over (5) Warriors

(3) Rockets over (2) Thunder

Conference finals:

(1) Clippers over (3) Rockets

NBA finals:

Clippers over Nets (series MVP - Paul)

Individual awards:

MVP: LeBron

ROY: Victor Oladipo

DPOY: Dwight

6th man: Harrison Barnes

Most improved: Super tough here. But I'll go with 'Brow over Drummond/Favors

Coach: Jason Kidd

Were you drunk, high, or both when you posted this J4L?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 07:56 AM)
I'll play.

Eastern conference regular season standings:

1: Bulls

2: Heat (they're going to go into Spurs-mode more this season)

3: Nets (Spurs-mode x10)

4: Pacers

5: Knicks

6: Wizards

7: Bucks

8: Hawks

(God, anything past 5 is a crapshoot. I love the deal for Gortat in Washington, the Cavs have NOTHING past Kyrie (seriously), the Bucks were an addition by subtraction team and are strong up-front, the Hawks have a nice starting 5, Philly and Charlotte are hot garbage, Toronto won't be in and is likely already trying to deal Rudy Gay, Orlando has some very nice pieces but are at least a year away. So that's my top 8)

First round:

(1) Bulls over (8) Hawks

(2) Heat over (7) Bucks

(3) Nets over (6) Wizards

(4) Pacers over (5) Knicks

Conference semis:

(1) Nets over (4) Pacers

(2) Heat over (3) Nets

Conference finals:

(1) Bulls over (2) Heat

Western conference regular season standings:

1: Clippers

2: Thunder

3: Spurs (obviously they'll be in Spurs-mode!)

4: Warriors

5: Rockets

6: Grizzlies

7: T-Wolves

8: Blazers

First round:

(1) Clippers over (8) Blazers

(2) Thunder over (7) T-Wolves

(3) Spurs over (6) Grizzlies

(5) Rockets over (4) Warriors (This will be known as the series that Dwight feasted on David Lee and ulimately ended Andrew Bogut's career - way to extend him GS!)

Conference semis:

(1) Clippers over (5) Rockets (this would be loads of fun)

(2) Thunder over (1) Clippers (Durant in F-you mode)

Conference finals:

(2) Thunder over (3) Spurs

NBA finals:

Bulls over Thunder (series MVP - Poohdini)

Individual awards:

MVP: Kevin Durant

ROY: Victor Oladipo (I agree with J4L here - seems like the clear favorite)

DPOY: Larry Sanders

6th man: Jarrett Jack

Most improved: Derrick Favors. Kid's going to average 14 boards

Coach: Doc Rivers

I think you forgot Detroit.

I'd say they have a better chance of making the playoffs than Atlanta or Milwaukee.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
Were you drunk, high, or both when you posted this J4L?

No, sir. I had the Heat taking the east about a month ago. But I'm warming up to the idea of 4 consecutive trips to the finals being damn near impossible (though if Mike hadn't retired 43 times the Bulls would've done it). The Bulls and Pacers are boring. 0-4 during the big three era. They're comin' with the same s***. Not gonna work. The Nets are a totally different animal. Kidd's just got to get them to April. Easier said than done. But if he does, that team is going to be a playoff terror.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
No, sir. I had the Heat taking the east about a month ago. But I'm warming up to the idea of 4 consecutive trips to the finals being damn near impossible (though if Mike hadn't retired 43 times the Bulls would've done it). The Bulls and Pacers are boring. 0-4 during the big three era. They're comin' with the same s***. Not gonna work. The Nets are a totally different animal. Kidd's just got to get them to April. Easier said than done. But if he does, that team is going to be a playoff terror.

Pacers took Miami to 7 without a bench. They now have a bench.

Bulls have only had one shot against the Heat and they had a s***ty SG at the time. Butler is now here, an added dimension.

Nets are going to be a "too many cooks in the kitchen" s*** show for a while, but with KG/Pierce I think they figure it out. Unfortunately for them they spend all their effort beating up n the Heat in a grueling 7 game series, so the Bulls take advantage and beat them in the Finals.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
I am in the minority I know, but I think the Nets will be an old, disjointed, injury riddled s*** sandwich. Like D'Antoni Knicks type s*** sandwich.

It's possible. I would have never guessed the Lakers could be as bad as they were. I guess I just think Garnett will hold that team together defensively and there is so many teams to feast on in the east.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
I am in the minority I know, but I think the Nets will be an old, disjointed, injury riddled s*** sandwich. Like D'Antoni Knicks type s*** sandwich.

I agree with that as well. I know they are loaded with "names" but I just don't buy it. I see Miami as the clear front runner, with a dropoff, then Indiana and the Bulls as #2 and #3 respectively. Then everyone else is kind of a clusterf*** of not mattering.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)

I don't think they're going to be that bad, I basically think they're a few steps below the top 3 but about a billion steps ahead of the rest of the east. That being said, I'd be absolutely shocked if they can beat the Bulls, Heat or Pacers in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)
Pacers took Miami to 7 without a bench. They now have a bench.

Bulls have only had one shot against the Heat and they had a s***ty SG at the time. Butler is now here, an added dimension.

Nets are going to be a "too many cooks in the kitchen" s*** show for a while, but with KG/Pierce I think they figure it out. Unfortunately for them they spend all their effort beating up n the Heat in a grueling 7 game series, so the Bulls take advantage and beat them in the Finals.

Oh my goodness gracious. You know what, Butler better average at least 15 ppg on good efficiency and make an all-defensive team for all this ridiculous hype.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Can't wait for him to re-aggravate that groin injury to play in game 1.

It would be great if the Bulls realize at some point that playing through nagging injuries during an NBA regular season is stupid. In college basketball, the NFL, etc where each regular season game has so much importance its different and guys need to play through those types of injuries. But in the NBA where the Bulls are getting a top 4 seed in the east basically no matter what and likely a 2 or 3 seed even if Noah misses a couple weeks there is just absolutely no reason to play if you are banged up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
Oh my goodness gracious. You know what, Butler better average at least 15 ppg on good efficiency and make an all-defensive team for all this ridiculous hype.

I dunno that it's hype if you watched the playoffs. He's not an all-star, but he's a good guard, something Rose has never had. He averaged 13 pts and 5 reb during last years playoffs. Compare that to Bogans (5 pts and 1 reb) or Brewer (4pts and 2 rebs) from 2010-2011.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
I dunno that it's hype if you watched the playoffs. He's not an all-star, but he's a good guard, something Rose has never had. He averaged 13 pts and 5 reb during last years playoffs. Compare that to Bogans (5 pts and 1 reb) or Brewer (4pts and 2 rebs) from 2010-2011.

He averaged like 45 minutes per game. That's not sustainable. He's a nice rotation piece. That's it. Until the Bulls get that legitimate second option they're just a wannabe.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
I think you forgot Detroit.

I'd say they have a better chance of making the playoffs than Atlanta or Milwaukee.

LOL. I absolutely did NOT forget Detroit. That team will struggle to score points. Honestly, who is going to score points? They'll get some work around the basket, but no one on that team can shoot. Josh Smith might shoot 35% with the looks he's been jacking up.

I have zero thought that Detroit will be any good this season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)

It's not ridiculous hype when people are saying he's a huge upgrade over Keith f***in Bogans, that's literally all anyone has said.

This is the first time since LeBron has been in Miami that the Bulls have had a real NBA backcourt, that's going to make a huge difference.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
LOL. I absolutely did NOT forget Detroit. That team will struggle to score points. Honestly, who is going to score points? They'll get some work around the basket, but no one on that team can shoot. Josh Smith might shoot 35% with the looks he's been jacking up.

I have zero thought that Detroit will be any good this season.

They won't be but the 6-8 seeds aren't going to have to be very good.