NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, yesterday a sixers fan friend of mine posted an article about how the 6ers are not trying to lose this season, but just didn't care about winning. Sure enough, team looks like it's a lot of efficient role players who will play hard.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
It's funny, yesterday a sixers fan friend of mine posted an article about how the 6ers are not trying to lose this season, but just didn't care about winning. Sure enough, team looks like it's a lot of efficient role players who will play hard.

They will easily lose 60 games this year. Sample size, people.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Derrick might not play. f***.

Step off the ledge.

Derrick Rose missed the morning shootaround with a sore neck and is a game-time decision for Friday's game.

This news seems relatively benign as it pertains to Rose's neck and not his surgically repaired knee. Rose said he's fine and plans to play in Thursday's game against New York.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
I commented to my friend about how I thought Tony Snell missing the 3 straight 3pointers fed to him in the same possession was more embarrassing than an open dunk. He disagreed and gave this list :

level 1: getting eyed (pull up in your face, usually following trash talk)

level 2: getting crossed over

level 2.5 (my addition): Taj Gibson clapping at Bosh to come at him only to easily get taken

level 3: getting dunked on

level 4: missing dunk

level 5: ankle breaker crossover

level 6: scoring in your own basket

Anything we're missing?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
Calling time out with none left?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 06:42 PM)
passing the ball to the ref instead of your player

See Javale McGee highlights.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
I commented to my friend about how I thought Tony Snell missing the 3 straight 3pointers fed to him in the same possession was more embarrassing than an open dunk. He disagreed and gave this list :

level 1: getting eyed (pull up in your face, usually following trash talk)

level 2: getting crossed over

level 2.5 (my addition): Taj Gibson clapping at Bosh to come at him only to easily get taken

level 3: getting dunked on

level 4: missing dunk

level 5: ankle breaker crossover

level 6: scoring in your own basket

Anything we're missing?

Horribly blatant flop that doesn't get called

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)
They will easily lose 60 games this year. Sample size, people.

Right but winning 22 games is a far cry from people thinking this would be the worst team of all time. The article wasn't arguing they'd be a playoff team, just that they would be a lock to win over 17 (especially with other teams that will be tanking)

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Right but winning 22 games is a far cry from people thinking this would be the worst team of all time. The article wasn't arguing they'd be a playoff team, just that they would be a lock to win over 17 (especially with other teams that will be tanking)

They won't win 17 games.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah no push. I don't know what to bet. I block sigs at work so not sure that's really a threat to me.

This is a sucker bet though, I don't know how I can lose. They are on pace to go 82-0.

25 cold, hard American dollars. I can do paypal or chase quickpay.

Edited by Steve9347

i gotta admit, I think Phoenix is worse than Philly now. That team is garbage outside of Bledsoe and Dragic, who play the same position. Young and Turner are decent NBA players and you could do worse than Spencer Hawes inside. Then there's Carter-Williams, who most people probably expected to average 8-4-5 with under 40% shooting and over 3 turnovers. If they get anything from him, they'll beat some of these awful teams.

Then again, they have like 6 NBA-caliber players and no one that I'd say is a top-3 scorer on a contender, so under 17 is still possible.