NBA Thread 2013-2014

It doesn't need to be Jabari(I'm still taking Wiggins if I get the 1 pick) but if you can get into the top 5 of this years draft, you're getting a stud and a piece that could raise this franchise to the next level. Whoever brought up the Spurs from years back brought up a perfect example, if this organization is smart enough to tank. Once again though, I don't think they're smart enough to do it.

f***in tank god damn it!

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
I'd be perfectly happy with Randle or Wiggins as well. Plus, guys like Smart and Exum would be pretty solid as well. There are a lot of of good options in this draft.

Obviously you're not passing up Randle if certain guys are gone, it'd be interesting to see how he'd fit in though. Would we wait this long for Mirotic and then trade him for another piece?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
I'd be perfectly happy with Randle or Wiggins as well. Plus, guys like Smart and Exum would be pretty solid as well. There are a lot of of good options in this draft.

Just get us in the top 5-6 and we will be good.

You guys should really stop dreaming about a top 3 pick. Thibs would drag 12 d-league players to 30 wins and Stern retired. Also, the bottom of the league is horrid. By the time they found decent trades for Deng and Boozer, they would already have too many wins.

Also, no one is giving you a lottery pick this year unless you kidnap their children. Even then, they would REALLY need to care about that kid.

Lastly, the Wiz already traded their first Quin (top 12 protected I think).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
You guys should really stop dreaming about a top 3 pick. Thibs would drag 12 d-league players to 30 wins and Stern retired. Also, the bottom of the league is horrid. By the time they found decent trades for Deng and Boozer, they would already have too many wins.

Also, no one is giving you a lottery pick this year unless you kidnap their children. Even then, they would REALLY need to care about that kid.

That's why we need someone to protect Thibs from himself. Get into the bottom 10 and you've got a good shot at an all-star quality pick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Anybody peep Miami's offensive efficiency so far? A TEAM true shooting percentage of 61.7%. That's cartoon s***.

Michael Beasley has also been really good in his limited minutes. Sucks that the Heat were able to bring him in for nothing.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)

DONT TELL ME WHAT I AM ALLOWED TO DREAM ABOUT MMK?!?

In that hospital bed today, Rose made $48,309 from the Bulls and $50,881 from Adidas. He made $99,190! Today!

Rose chose to sit out well-past when doctors cleared him, skipped out on his teammates who fought all season for him last year, and skipped out on the playoffs. He then proclaimed he made the right call.

Guess what? He didn't. Why is he already out for the season now? Players can come back in four months from this injury. The Bulls play the Indiana Pacers on March 24th. That's four months from now.

Nope - better give this KID FROM CHICAGO another free year of $99,190 per day to do nothing but work out in the gym. The Bulls play 12 games beyond the four month period that is plausible for a player to return from a repaired meniscus.

That doesn't even include the playoffs, which you know this tired-ass team is going to make because the East sucks so hard.

But nope. Not going to happen. We must continue babying Derrick Rose. Take another one off, bud, no big deal.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Bulls have paid Rose 42 million for about 50 games the last three years.

The insurance has paid a good portion of that. The Bulls are getting good use out of their premiums.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
In that hospital bed today, Rose made $48,309 from the Bulls and $50,881 from Adidas. He made $99,190! Today!

Rose chose to sit out well-past when doctors cleared him, skipped out on his teammates who fought all season for him last year, and skipped out on the playoffs. He then proclaimed he made the right call.

Guess what? He didn't. Why is he already out for the season now? Players can come back in four months from this injury. The Bulls play the Indiana Pacers on March 24th. That's four months from now.

Nope - better give this KID FROM CHICAGO another free year of $99,190 per day to do nothing but work out in the gym. The Bulls play 12 games beyond the four month period that is plausible for a player to return from a repaired meniscus.

That doesn't even include the playoffs, which you know this tired-ass team is going to make because the East sucks so hard.

But nope. Not going to happen. We must continue babying Derrick Rose. Take another one off, bud, no big deal.

This is injury is a 8 week minimum healing then it's what a month to rehab and a month to get in shape? It's the 4 months depending on the extent of the tear it can be much longer.

With the fiasco and bad publicity from last year, I'm not surprised the Bulls just ended any speculation now. If it progresses faster, great. But now you won't have everyone constantly asking questions for the next 6 months. Plus if they end his season now it saves alot of money in paying him salary as the insurance will kick in.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
This is injury is a 8 week minimum healing then it's what a month to rehab and a month to get in shape? It's the 4 months depending on the extent of the tear it can be much longer.

With the fiasco and bad publicity from last year, I'm not surprised the Bulls just ended any speculation now. If it progresses faster, great. But now you won't have everyone constantly asking questions for the next 6 months. Plus if they end his season now it saves alot of money in paying him salary as the insurance will kick in.

Exactly. The Bulls actually got in front of the train this time.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
The insurance has paid a good portion of that. The Bulls are getting good use out of their premiums.

I don't think it's as much as you think. Bernstein had a tweet earlier today that they'll get like 11 million back. They're still paying out a ton of money. Not that i'm complaining, Rose brought the Bulls back to the national conversation for the first time in a decade. Just a crazy amount of money for one real playoff run.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)

Meh. If it's possible to get back on the court, you don't say it's impossible. If everything goes swimmingly, he's ready for that Pacers game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)

Maybe, MAYBE, they're being smart and doing this so the tank-a-palooza option sounds better. They couldn't trade away players and tank if Rose is expected to come back with a month or two left in the season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
Meh. If it's possible to get back on the court, you don't say it's impossible. If everything goes swimmingly, he's ready for that Pacers game.

The Bulls gain nothing by rushing him back. They risk everything if he gets injured again.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't think it's as much as you think. Bernstein had a tweet earlier today that they'll get like 11 million back. They're still paying out a ton of money. Not that i'm complaining, Rose brought the Bulls back to the national conversation for the first time in a decade. Just a crazy amount of money for one real playoff run.

About 25%-30% is a pretty good guesstimate when it comes to contracts that big. The amount you can insure varies on how large the contract is. That's why a said a good portion.