NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Ibaka > Harden

Harden is the better player. But with KD/RW, he was a luxury. Ibaka was/is a necessity and they extended the right guy.

Yup. It does them no good to have 3 guys who need the ball in their hands on the floor at the same time.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
Pacers are set to sign Bynum. That's a pretty tight locker room he's going to, so they might get something out of him. It also keeps him off the heat. Interesting.

Could also be a team killer.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)
Pacers are set to sign Bynum. That's a pretty tight locker room he's going to, so they might get something out of him. It also keeps him off the heat. Interesting.

Ok Pacers, sign him to a contract paying him $8 million for the rest of the year, then we can trade Taj Gibson for him and a couple of draft picks and you seriously strengthen your bench and interior?

At least John Wall gets it.

John Wall admitted he has made subtle pitches to Kevin Durant about possibly joining the Washington Wizards in free agency. Durant is slated to become a free agent in 2016.

"I throw a little slick shots here and there,” Wall said. “Try something.

"You look at those things and see when opportunities can come to try to make your team better."

Wall and Durant both share the same trainer and have worked out together in Los Angeles. Wall is the only Wizards player under contract as of now into 2016.

It's the BFF era in the NBA.

Edited by Jordan4life

Link

Carlos Boozer voiced his frustration Monday about his lack of playing time in the fourth quarter for the Chicago Bulls.

The veteran power forward has not played in the fourth quarter in the last two contests and is clearly bothered by what he perceives as a lack of opportunity from coach Tom Thibodeau.

"I think I should be out there," said Boozer, who is in the midst of his worst season as a Bull. "But it's [Thibodeau's] choice. He makes the decisions out there, so I play, I don't coach. He coaches. So he decides that.

"It's very frustrating, especially when I've got a great game going or what have you," Boozer said.

"But honestly, he's been doing that a lot since I've been here, not putting me in the fourth quarter. Sometimes we win; more times than not, we don't. But that's his choice.''

Boozer, who is averaging 14.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game this season, said it's tough to continue watching the end of games from the bench. He is averaging 29.8 minutes a game. In the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season, he averaged 29.5 minutes a game.

"Super tough," Boozer said. "It's very frustrating, especially when I've got a great game going or what have you. Obviously as a competitor, you want to be out there to help your team win and especially when the game is close. You can do things that can help your team win. Not being out there, all you could do is really cheer them on. But that's [Thibodeau's] choice.''