NBA Thread 2013-2014

1. Taj has really brought it this season. He regressed last year, but that is not the case anymore. He has taken another step up and has earned some degree of increased PT

2. Given that we are not awaiting Rose's return to take us deep in the playoffs and have already traded away Deng, it makes some sense to err on the side of playing the younger guy with the longer deal.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
1. Taj has really brought it this season. He regressed last year, but that is not the case anymore. He has taken another step up and has earned some degree of increased PT

2. Given that we are not awaiting Rose's return to take us deep in the playoffs and have already traded away Deng, it makes some sense to err on the side of playing the younger guy with the longer deal.

Gibson really hasn't been much better this year than last. Boozer continues to regress and has been really bad on offense this year though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Gibson really hasn't been much better this year than last. Boozer continues to regress and has been really bad on offense this year though.

But he's had a better TS% (not much better though) despite playing 6 more minutes per game.

A lot of guys like Taj regress with more playing time and responsibility on offense. He's actually improved.

This is his best year in terms of TS% (.530) and FT% (72%).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
But he's had a better TS% (not much better though) despite playing 6 more minutes per game.

A lot of guys like Taj regress with more playing time and responsibility on offense. He's actually improved.

This is his best year in terms of TS% (.530) and FT% (72%).

He also is having the worst year of his career on the glass and while he has basically maintained his efficiency with a small uptick in usage he really hasn't improved much on that end.

He also is turning 29 soon and hasn't really showed any meaningful improvement in his game to this point in his NBA career so what you see is what you are going to get with Taj.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
He also is having the worst year of his career on the glass and while he has basically maintained his efficiency with a small uptick in usage he really hasn't improved much on that end.

He also is turning 29 soon and hasn't really showed any meaningful improvement in his game to this point in his NBA career so what you see is what you are going to get with Taj.

And that's fine. He's a very good defender, decent rebounder, and average on offense.

A lot of teams will pay good money for a guy like him.

Gibson is pretty damn good. A legit starting PF in the NBA. And by all reports, if the Bulls wanted to move him, they'd have plenty of people lined up to be willing to take him and his contract. I have it on good record that Thibbs would have been starting him a long time ago if he could but he's been mandated to give Boozer the minutes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Jo lost his s*** last night.

I would certainly think a fine is forthcoming. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he also received a one game suspension. The NBA seems to hand out suspensions as often, if not more, than any other sport and I don't think they'll be too happy about a player pointing at each official and yelling f*** you one by one. I agree with Jo though. The officiating was horrendous last night, and really has been all year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Randy Foye just hit an absurd 3 for Denver to beat the Clips.

And Noah ejected because of a horrendous call by the refs.

I haven't seen video of the actual "foul". What exactly did he do to get a foul called on him?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
PROTECT JORDAN: ENGAGED

Mmm, k.

I'm sure Jordan sold some foul calls in his day. Not denying that. But he, and other players of that generation, never dropped to the ground like a sack of rocks on a routine basis either. That kind of crap that Lebron and others pull has ruined the NBA game. The league had to institute a fining policy because players were faking that crap so much. It's pathetic.

MJ was in the middle of a legitimate defensive play in which the only appropriate thing to do is 1. take a charge or 2. get the f*** out of the way. Jordan did both.

LBJ flops in the middle of a f***ing fight for Christ's sake. It may or may not affect whether one or the other is GOAT, but it sure as hell makes me like LBJ less

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I would certainly think a fine is forthcoming. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he also received a one game suspension. The NBA seems to hand out suspensions as often, if not more, than any other sport and I don't think they'll be too happy about a player pointing at each official and yelling f*** you one by one. I agree with Jo though. The officiating was horrendous last night, and really has been all year.

$15k fine.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
MJ was in the middle of a legitimate defensive play in which the only appropriate thing to do is 1. take a charge or 2. get the f*** out of the way. Jordan did both.

LBJ flops in the middle of a f***ing fight for Christ's sake. It may or may not affect whether one or the other is GOAT, but it sure as hell makes me like LBJ less

+1

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)
Are the Suns missing some key players??? On paper and judging from the first quarter that team looks awful, yet they have a .600+ win%.

Ever hear of Eric Bledsoe? The Suns have been amazing this year. But let me slow down. 2k5 is going to call me a bandwagoner if I give them to much props. #myteamsuckssohateallteamsthatdon'tsuck #the2k5way #twtw