NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
Preach.

Essentially if you aren't going to win a championship you should just be pissed all season and hype every other player of teams also not going to win a championship. Fun way to live.

I'm pissed the team didn't make the leap, but it's still fun seeing a team play so hard, and a center playing like Noah.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
Fine. How exactly could the Bulls possibly have put together a championship roster this year with their PG getting hurt? With where they are right now, they clearly could have had a championship roster if that injury hadn't happened.

If they'd done any of the deals people wanted, dumping Noah for Gasol or for Kevin Love or Aldridge or whatever else people could envision, it wouldn't have turned this Bulls team into a title contender without Rose. The only thing they could have done was trade Rose several years ago before the injuries. Hell...if they were to acquire Anthony without giving up anything of value this offseason, and then lost Rose for the year again, they're still not a title contender.

Given that, I'm equally frustrated with the inability of the key player to stay healthy, but I still found today to be fun.

The Lakers beat OKC with an NBDL roster. You think they give a s*** in LA? The Chicago hoops fanbase is embarrassing.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
Went to over 20 games in 2005 alone. Nice try troll.

Please. You couldn't name half that roster without looking it up. Only true Blackhawks fans around are Krush, and that pains me to give him any props because he's annoying/arrogant as all hell, Kyyle and I think Steve. The rest of you started getting loud in 2010.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
Please. You couldn't name half that roster without looking it up. Only true Blackhawks fans around are Krush, and that pains me to give him any props because he's annoying/arrogant as all hell, Kyyle and I think Steve. The rest of you started getting loud in 2010.

You have no idea what you are talking about there. Go look up some of the old NHL threads.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Essentially if you aren't going to win a championship you should just be pissed all season and hype every other player of teams also not going to win a championship. Fun way to live.

I'm pissed the team didn't make the leap, but it's still fun seeing a team play so hard, and a center playing like Noah.

I was driving the bus on team tank, but if you can't appreciate what this Bulls team is doing, someone should smash your TV because you don't deserve to watch basketball.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
The Lakers beat OKC with an NBDL roster. You think they give a s*** in LA? The Chicago hoops fanbase is embarrassing.

When do they ever give a s*** in LA?

You're very logic is encouraging bandwagoning. Oh well, if you can't win a championship, why watch or care about any effort, game or drama that your team creates throughout.

We might never win a championship with Noah at C, if you didn't take the time to appreciate the things he's done the last 2 years then I feel sorry for you and also do not care about how people should watch basketball.

You know who isn't going to win a championship this year? Probably the Trailblazers, you should go to Portland boards and go yell at them for enjoying their winning season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 05:32 PM)
When do they ever give a s*** in LA?

You're very logic is encouraging bandwagoning. Oh well, if you can't win a championship, why watch or care about any effort, game or drama that your team creates throughout.

We might never win a championship with Noah at C, if you didn't take the time to appreciate the things he's done the last 2 years then I feel sorry for you and also do not care about how people should watch basketball.

You know who isn't going to win a championship this year? Probably the Trailblazers, you should go to Portland boards and go yell at them for enjoying their winning season.

You can enjoy/appreciate whatever the hell you want. My point is the Bulls have beaten the Heat like 10 f***ing times in the regular season since the big three formed. How is this still a big deal? When are you going to beat the Heat in the playoffs? Noah getting MVP chants and all this fist-pumping and chest-bumping and heart and passion and emotion and whatever is lame. That should happen in Toronto and Washington. Not the third largest market who had the GOAT and saw 6 rings.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
You can enjoy/appreciate whatever the hell you want. My point is the Bulls have beaten the Heat like 10 f***ing times in the regular season since the big three formed. How is this still a big deal? When are you going to beat the Heat in the playoffs? Noah getting MVP chants and all this fist-pumping and chest-bumping and heart and passion and emotion and whatever is lame. That should happen in Toronto and Washington. Not the third largest market who had the GOAT and saw 6 rings.

So you're saying since the bulls can't win this year due to an injury that people should stop watching and cheering? Today's game should have been played in front of 22k empty seats? Did you watch today? What's the point of being a fan of a team if you cannot watch and enjoy their games if they don't have a shot at the championship?

If the white sox sweep a team this year I shouldn't be happy because they probably can't win the World Series?

Your logic is so beyond flawed right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
I feel bad for J4L. Can't even enjoy a fun win. Go have a beer and reflect on life dude.

Yeah just not loose enough. Relax bro!

People can understand that winning in the regular season is different than beating the Heat in the playoffs while still enjoying a fun game.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)
Yeah just not loose enough. Relax bro!

People can understand that winning in the regular season is different than beating the Heat in the playoffs while still enjoying a fun game.

I'm looser than Lohan. I'm sick of try-hard. We had try-hard from '05 to '07 with Hinrich-Deng-Gordon-Nocioni and we're at try-hard now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:52 AM)

Typically in sports, when the best team in the league comes to play, with the best player in the league, it's a big deal when your team beats them. And when it's a come from behind extra inning/overtime victory, people tend to enjoy it.

I don't know why, that's sports.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
Lance Stephenson plays like that guy that joins your pickup game, says he hasn't played basketball in 10 years, and just makes lucky shot after lucky shot

And you know he's like that because he'll brick a few shots really badly in between.