NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)
Rivalry is way too new and too lopsided in playoffs to be "best." It's just fun and intense, for now. Need that "Jordan beats the Pistons" moment for it to really be great

Does the Riley, Zo, Hardaway Heat ring a bell? We handed their asses to them back then, then eliminated defending 07 Heat champs in a sweep, now they've handed our asses to us in recent years. This isn't a new rivalry.

To me, rivalry means franchises, as in Bears vs Packers, not Peppers vs Rodgers. Same in hoops, IMO.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Does the Riley, Zo, Hardaway Heat ring a bell? We handed their asses to them back then, then eliminated defending 07 Heat champs in a sweep, now they've handed our asses to us in recent years. This isn't a new rivalry.

To me, rivalry means franchises, as in Bears vs Packers, not Peppers vs Rodgers. Same in hoops, IMO.

If nothing else, it's good to see that teams can still hate each other in the NBA.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
Is anyone still playing in Zoom's yahoo league? Only 3-4 people even update their lineups these days

White Mamba? I'm one of the few that update.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)

This comment summed it up perfectly.

1) Defenders use of the modified Super Crab stance. Making for maximum non-deffense.

2) the absurd, "Around your back" dribble that only works on white dudes under 5' 6" (Biebs prime opponents)

3) The supreme level of flop.

4) Defenders "Wha-happened?!" look at the camera.

5) Biebs triumphant superman flex and the joy not seen since wittnessing a child use the potty for the first time.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
Is anyone still playing in Zoom's yahoo league? Only 3-4 people even update their lineups these days

I'm not running any Yahoo leagues this year. :huh:

If it's the one that Brian mentioned, I was asked to co-manage with Steve (AFTER the draft, bastard) and set the lineups regularly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
White Mamba? I'm one of the few that update.

I run the league. It's hard to get 10 devoted people to play in a free fantasy basketball league.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:01 AM)
I run the league. It's hard to get 10 devoted people to play in a free fantasy basketball league.

Too bad because this is the first basketball league I've done with that type of scoring and I like it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 07:23 AM)
Too bad because this is the first basketball league I've done with that type of scoring and I like it.

I honestly don't like category scoring. This kind of scoring makes you get efficient players (since it's pretty much un-adjusted PER), but doesn't force you to build a well-rounded team like you'd have to do in categories. It's also a lot easier to see who's valuable and who isn't.

I had to get a few new people this year because the guy who won the league last year left (he thought it was too boring).

Edited by chw42

Yeah, I like category scoring because it's not readily apparent how good a guy is. There's also a degree to which you have to guess, but as a for instance you'd have to research to realize that Josh McRoberts is a nice mid-to-late round fantasy players because no one counting stat jumps off the page.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
LOL Brooklyn just beat the heat in an exciting game and started celebrating. Losers. Don't they know it means nothing.

Brooklyn didn't live through Michael Jordan and a 6 title dynasty. Bulls fans should know better. They're just dumb now aka bandwagon blackhawks fans.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
Brooklyn didn't live through Michael Jordan and a 6 title dynasty. Bulls fans should know better. They're just dumb now aka bandwagon blackhawks fans.

I normally agree with even your crazy ramblings, but this is wrong. The Heat are clearly the best team in the league, even if the record doesn't indicate that, so if you can beat them in a hard fought game, it's worth getting excited about, even if it doesn't win a championship.

s***, the Yankees will celebrate a walk off homer, but you're saying they shouldn't because they've won 27 world championships and it's just one of 162 games. That's ridiculous.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
I normally agree with even your crazy ramblings, but this is wrong. The Heat are clearly the best team in the league, even if the record doesn't indicate that, so if you can beat them in a hard fought game, it's worth getting excited about, even if it doesn't win a championship. s***, the Yankees will celebrate a walk off homer, but you're saying they shouldn't because they've won 27 world championships and it's just one of 162 games. That's ridiculous.

lol

No, what J4L is saying is no team or fanbase should celebrate unless they are shoo in favorites to win it all that year. At least that's what I think he's saying

No celebrating, ever. :lol:

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

So after being destroyed by the Kings last night the 76ers streak as 18 games and their next 8 are vs Indiana, vs Memphis, at Indiana, vs Chicago, vs New York, at Chicago, at San Antonio, and at Houston. They are in decent shape to tie the Cavs 26 game losing streak with that schedule. A home game against Detroit would be for magic #27 if they do lose those 8.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
So after being destroyed by the Kings last night the 76ers streak as 18 games and their next 8 are vs Indiana, vs Memphis, at Indiana, vs Chicago, vs New York, at Chicago, at San Antonio, and at Houston. They are in decent shape to tie the Cavs 26 game losing streak with that schedule. A home game against Detroit would be for magic #27 if they do lose those 8.

It's like the opposite of last year's Miami streak.