NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
You could call Lebron for an offensive foul every single possession.

Just watched the replay, I thought JVG made a real good point about the officiating and how it's changed basically for the Big Guys who go straight up.

3-4 seasons ago, it was always a foul against the defender (Dwight Howard was constantly in foul trouble when the Magic played the Cavs back in the 09-10 ECF for this very reason).

Now, you can get away with that on the defensive end, and it makes a real big difference, especially when you have a great Rim Protector like Hibbert.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
Miami 29 FTAs to Indy 21, Stephenson get's ejected in a very iffy call...makes sense.

Yeah, there was a two minute span that seemed pro-Indiana, but overall I didn't think that was the case. The refs just seemed bad all around

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
Did you see the play? There shouldn't be any further action taken against LeBron.

I did, and I know if it were reversed, Hibbert would have to answer to the nba front office

I'm fine with that, but I would appreciate announcers calling out Wade and James for how dirty they get when they are frustrated and feel like they are being fouled. They are KG level for me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm fine with that, but I would appreciate announcers calling out Wade and James for how dirty they get when they are frustrated and feel like they are being fouled. They are KG level for me.

When they lobbied for a T on Stephenson, that was simply awful officiating. Especially watching in slow motion and seeing Wade laughing and as soon as LS turned away he changed to appalled.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
And Wade's 3 pointer clearly in-bounds that was called out of bounds for no reason.

I don't understand why that wasn't reviewable.

Any way you look at it, the refs were terrible

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Yeah, his chin bumped into Lebrons elbow.

What about the fact that Hibbert jumped into him while he was in the air and outside the restricted zone and initiated contact?

Ugh, so over the blind Heat/LeBron hate here. So much so that you fools are pro-Indiana for f***'s sake.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
What about the fact that Hibbert jumped into him while he was in the air and outside the restricted zone and initiated contact?

Ugh, so over the blind Heat/LeBron hate here. So much so that you fools are pro-Indiana for f***'s sake.

You should probably look at the replay a few more times. The first contact that was made was the elbow to the face. I guess you can say Hibbert initiated the contact with his chin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hibbert jumped but he jumped straight up, thats allowed now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
And Wade's 3 pointer clearly in-bounds that was called out of bounds for no reason.

Missed call, should've been reviewed. Do you believe the ref purposely knew it was inbounds but called it out of bounds because he wanted Indiana to win, lol? Your post implied the refs where heavily biased towards Indiana when the Heat shot almost 10 more FTs and ejected a key Pacer in the waning moments of the game.

The refs sucked but they weren't calling it heavily one sided towards Indiana.

BTW, I dislike both teams.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1