NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:16 AM)
@AdamSchefter: And the Knicks fired Mike Woodson.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 18m

Who wants to coach the Knicks? Knicks have no 1st-rd pick and will owe Anthony, Stoudemire and Bargnani $58.2 million if they don't opt out

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1h

Timberwolves coaching job is officially now open. Two names that will be in the mix, per sources, are Tom Izzo and Fred Hoiberg.

I don't see Izzo taking that job unless Love signs an extension or somehow promises he'll stick around. Pretty sure that's why he didn't take the Cleveland job a few years ago.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
I don't see Izzo taking that job unless Love signs an extension or somehow promises he'll stick around. Pretty sure that's why he didn't take the Cleveland job a few years ago.

The one thing that could contribute to Izzo wanting to jump is that with Harris going pro MSU isn't going to be very good next year (possible tourney team but nothing more) and he has actually struggled recruiting the last couple years so it will be at least a few years before MSU is competing for a Final 4 again.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)

The one thing that could contribute to Izzo wanting to jump is that with Harris going pro MSU isn't going to be very good next year (possible tourney team but nothing more) and he has actually struggled recruiting the last couple years so it will be at least a few years before MSU is competing for a Final 4 again.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)

I feel like that was the same argument last time, and then he pulled in guys like Appling, Harris and Payne and almost went to another Final Four this year.

edit: well maybe not, Appling/Payne committed the year before he turned down the Cavs offer.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
I feel like that was the same argument last time, and then he pulled in guys like Appling, Harris and Payne and almost went to another Final Four this year.

He had Kalin Lucas, Summers and Green coming back following a final four run. Plus Appling and Payne were already committed and on campus at the time he flirted with the Cavs. Not the same situation at all.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
love his Thibs stories :)

TliEZyE.png

Lol, right?

Joakim "Thibs if we weren't winning games if would hate you right now"

Thibs "Jo, I feel the same way about you"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 04:38 PM)
Lol, right?

Joakim "Thibs if we weren't winning games if would hate you right now"

Thibs "Jo, I feel the same way about you"

Simmons interviewed him over All-Star break and he basically said this. I don't think they see eye to eye on a lot but they win so it works.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
It's so weird how much I like the guy considering how much I hated him at Florida.

He is a guy who you hate on another team, but love on your own. Jo has been my favorite Bull for years now. I love the way he plays the game.

Props and congrats to Noah. In this era, bigs have many more responsibilities defensively than previous eras. I don't think any big right now does more or as much as he does on D. and lol@roy hibbert. Even as late as March everybody figured he was a lock for the award. He's reverted back to slow/fat Hibbert.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
It's so weird how much I like the guy considering how much I hated him at Florida.

This.

He has become my favorite NBA player but I absolutely hated him in college.