NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
So it's officially the exact same conference finals as last year except plus Russell Westbrook?

Wow, such an interesting, engrossing, unpredictable league.

The Grizzlies were in the WCF last year.

I said it during the first round that only SA, MIA and OKC really have a legit shot at the title and there they are.

SA wins it if the get to the Finals, OKC loses to Miami in the Finals and Indiana ain't beating Miami (God I hope I'm wrong but if you have to rely on Hibbert, you're screwed).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
This is just about as bad as losing Westbrook last year. Sucks for Thunder.

They need to hope that Parker stays equally injured

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
This is just about as bad as losing Westbrook last year. Sucks for Thunder.

Yup, as in they have no chance of winning a title if either of those guys is out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
They need to hope that Parker stays equally injured

God, I hope not. It'd be nice to have one of those teams fully healthy against Miami.

Kevin Love has made it clear to the Timberwolves that he intends to become an unrestricted free agent after next season and has no interest in a contract extension this summer to stay in Minnesota, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Although sources say Love has stopped short of demanding a trade, his position could effectively force the Timberwolves to deal the All-Star forward before next season -- or before the trade deadline in February 2015 at the latest -- if they hope to dodge the risk of losing him without compensation.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are among the potential trade destinations that intrigue Love.

The Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks have likewise been mentioned all season as big-market landing spots that would tempt Love, but going to the best situation for immediate contention is said to be the power forward's priority.

Sources say that the Phoenix Suns, armed with several draft assets to offer Minnesota, also have strong interest in trading for Love, but the 25-year-old's interest in joining the Suns is unclear.

Sigh