NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
I hate the Heat, hated them since Riley and Zo. I don't hate LeBron, dude is awesome, best player of his era, he's just not on MJ's level. In 5-6 years we'll be laughing at how you thought he was better than MJ. Remember when some people thought Kobe would surpass MJ? That crowd disappeared. Time has a way of placing players in their rightful place when being a prisoner of the moment fades.

This will be just as funny as your Knicks = title contenders prediction.

One more thing, stop acting like the Spurs didn't have a shot last year.

They did have a shot. LeBron was inconsistent up until he went HAM at the end of game 6. Wade was banged up and it showed. Bosh was inconsistent. Danny Green hit 4373472373 3's in the first 5 games. Leonard had a breakout series. Duncan went vintage 2004 the last two games. And they still lost. The Big three haven't played this well together at the same time since 2011, odd as that is. The Pacers now know they were lucky and fortunate to even go 7 games last year. And before you say, "haha, the pacers suck, the east sucks", keep in mind a healthy, locked in Heat smoked the most talented team in nba history two years ago without homecourt. They are again healthy and locked in. 2014 Spurs - may I introduce you to Karl Malone and the 1998 Jazz.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
They did have a shot. LeBron was inconsistent up until he went HAM at the end of game 6. Wade was banged up and it showed. Bosh was inconsistent. Danny Green hit 4373472373 3's in the first 5 games. Leonard had a breakout series. Duncan went vintage 2004 the last two games. And they still lost. The Big three haven't played this well together at the same time since 2011, odd as that is. The Pacers now know they were lucky and fortunate to even go 7 games last year. And before you say, "haha, the pacers suck, the east sucks", keep in mind a healthy, locked in Heat smoked the most talented team in nba history two years ago without homecourt. They are again healthy and locked in. 2014 Spurs - may I introduce you to Karl Malone and the 1998 Jazz.

In two weeks, one of us will have bragging rights :cheers

Oh s***! Poor Taj.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/02/taj-gibso...-new-york-city/

Taj Gibson’s six-year-old cousin, Prince Joshua Avitto, was stabbed to death in a gruesome incident in Brooklyn. The New York Post reports that a maniac attacked Avitto, and seven-year-old-girl Mikayla Capers, with a butcher knife as the young kids were together in an elevator, and fled the scene.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
One of the most well written articles I've ever read, and it's a comedy piece about a video game:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/57727...h-of-basketball

I was in tears laughing at the end. So good.

I remember the Breaking Madden from january had me stifling laughter in my office. Excited for this one.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
One of the most well written articles I've ever read, and it's a comedy piece about a video game:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/57727...h-of-basketball

I was in tears laughing at the end. So good.

Funny, and a lot of spare time on his hands.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Jon Bois has always been one of my favorite comedic writers. I don't think there's anything he's ever done that I haven't liked.

He's a solid acquaintence of mine. The guy was hilarious in the Progressive Boink days.