NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 07:08 AM)
Was there any surprise that Miami won this game?

Not even trying to do the J4Life thing here, but the greatest player in the world got hot, took over the game, and left everyone in his trail.

So no, no surprise.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
I'll never understand coaches letting the other team work the clock down to less than 5 seconds hoping for a defensive stop when you're down 2 or 3.

Yeah, that last minute was absolutely brutal for San Antonio.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Not even trying to do the J4Life thing here, but the greatest player in the world got hot, took over the game, and left everyone in his trail.

So no, no surprise.

Eh, he got hot at the start of the quarter, then left and the Spurs immediately took the lead back. He made some big plays at the end, but that loss came down to the Spurs missing 4 ft's, not running offense on 2 straight trips down the floor, and a huge Bosh 3.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
Eh, he got hot at the start of the quarter, then left and the Spurs immediately took the lead back. He made some big plays at the end, but that loss came down to the Spurs missing 4 ft's, not running offense on 2 straight trips down the floor, and a huge Bosh 3.

Tell me what happens if LeBron doesn't get hot.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)

So no, no surprise.

Sometimes it seems like Miami needs something to wake them up and keep them interested. Game 1 had every motivation they could have needed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
Sometimes it seems like Miami needs something to wake them up and keep them interested. Game 1 had every motivation they could have needed.

You mean losing? Yeah, if I have to win Game 2 or go home down 0-2, that's about all the motivation I need to show up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
I'm not the one saying it was the reason the Heat won. The lead Lebron got was gone minutes later.

And then back shortly after he came in. He drove and hit Bosh on the open 3 to give the Heat the lead and then, after San Antonio tried to force and trap him on their last possession, he got it to a wide open Bosh, who found Wade down low.

Yeah, San Antonio should have made those 4 FTs, and you can just as easily say Chalmers got lucky that flagrant didn't cost them, but at the end of the day, if LeBron is average Lebron, putting up 26 and 8, Miami loses that game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
And then back shortly after he came in. He drove and hit Bosh on the open 3 to give the Heat the lead and then, after San Antonio tried to force and trap him on their last possession, he got it to a wide open Bosh, who found Wade down low.

Yeah, San Antonio should have made those 4 FTs, and you can just as easily say Chalmers got lucky that flagrant didn't cost them, but at the end of the day, if LeBron is average Lebron, putting up 26 and 8, Miami loses that game.

I agree with this.

I don't agree with this:

but the greatest player in the world got hot, took over the game, and left everyone in his trail.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
Yeah, that may have been over the top, but at the end of the day, LeBron was the biggest reason the Heat won that game.

Bosh was pretty clutch with that 3 and then hitting a wide open Wade under the basket to ice the game, but yes mostly LeBron

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)

If we really want to get crazy we can say that Chalmers flagrant won Miami the game as parker had to go out for a few minutes to recover from the elbow. Now I'm actually not saying that but just throwing another argument out there.

This is going to be a fun series.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 04:00 AM)
A bit extreme. The Spurs are a much, much better team than the Pacers.

I despise Lance Stevenson. The Spurs for the most part share the basketball beautifully. But against the Heat they will do no better than the Pacers. If the Spurs were truly playing with a chip on their shoulder after last year, they wouldn't have given up home court. They sucked in crunch time. Like I said LeBron was great, the defense got turned up the last five minutes and Bosh hit the big shot. The Spurs looked like a normal team. They've been de-clawed.

This series is over.

I stand by my pick. Two easy Heat wins in Miami; Spurs probably win Game Five but I wouldn't discount the Heat there. But Heat likely wrap it up in Game Six.

LeBron is special. Wade is very good. Bosh is a big timer. Heat in five or six.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
I despise Lance Stevenson. The Spurs for the most part share the basketball beautifully. But against the Heat they will do no better than the Pacers. If the Spurs were truly playing with a chip on their shoulder after last year, they wouldn't have given up home court. They sucked in crunch time. Like I said LeBron was great, the defense got turned up the last five minutes and Bosh hit the big shot. The Spurs looked like a normal team. They've been de-clawed.

This series is over.

I stand by my pick. Two easy Heat wins in Miami; Spurs probably win Game Five but I wouldn't discount the Heat there. But Heat likely wrap it up in Game Six.

LeBron is special. Wade is very good. Bosh is a big timer. Heat in five or six.

Oh Greg. Do you have opinions that are not complete extremes?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Donald Sterling is backing out on agreeing to sell the Clippers, will sue the NBA

In a reversal, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling will pursue a $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA and commissioner Adam Silver, and withdraw his support for the sale of the team negotiated by his wife.

"I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights," Sterling said Monday in a letter circulated widely among those involved in the sale and obtained by ESPN.com. "While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled."

Sterling's attorney Max Blecher earlier told ESPN.com in an email, "The deal is off."

Blecher also suggested Donald Sterling would be challenging wife Shelly Sterling's actions and negotiation of the sale in probate court Tuesday. However, no action had been taken as of Monday night.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
I thought under his trust that if he was ever deemed incompetent he had no say? Wasn't that reported at some point?

yap his wife is seeking an emergency order confirming the sale of the team

Shelly Sterling contends she is the sole trustee of The Sterling Family Trust, which owns the team. Donald Sterling was stripped as co-trustee after two neurologists last month determined he was suffering from dementia and "mentally incapacitated" under the trust's conditions, according to a person who is familiar with the trust and the medical evaluations but could not speak publicly.

The aim of Sterling's court bid is to have a judge confirm provisions of the family trust to ensure the Ballmer sale moves forward without a hitch. Donald Sterling has the right to present his side at any hearing and appeal any decision.