NBA Thread 2013-2014

Non-Bulls fans at RealGM suggesting this:

Joakim Noah and Mike Dunleavy for Jeremy Lamb, Steven Adams, a 1st and Perkins.

I have no idea whether I'd take it or not. The only thing making me not think "Done" is my love of Jo.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might think about that.

You're looking at a lineup with: (Point Guard)-Lamb-Butler-Gibson-Adams or (Point Guard)-Butler-Snell-Gibson-Adams or perhaps Mirotic in for Gibson. That would leave us with a very young, very athletic core and I'd be pretty excited for next season with Mirotic and a rookie(s)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 07:22 AM)
Non-Bulls fans at RealGM suggesting this:

Joakim Noah and Mike Dunleavy for Jeremy Lamb, Steven Adams, a 1st and Perkins.

I have no idea whether I'd take it or not. The only thing making me not think "Done" is my love of Jo.

Selling WAY too low. Lamb has been mediocre to poor and Adams is a project. Just this past offseason people were talking about Noah for Aldridge.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)
I might think about that.

You're looking at a lineup with: (Point Guard)-Lamb-Butler-Gibson-Adams or (Point Guard)-Butler-Snell-Gibson-Adams or perhaps Mirotic in for Gibson. That would leave us with a very young, very athletic core and I'd be pretty excited for next season with Mirotic and a rookie(s)

Other deals kicked around over there:

Hinrich for Shved

Deng for Marion + filler and Mavs 1st this year (if it's in the top 20)

You'd be going into the draft with...

PG: Rose, Teague

SG: Shved, Lamb

SF: Butler, Snell

PF: Nikola, Taj, Murphy

C : Adams/Perkins

And you have the Bulls pick (which would be damn high at that point), possibly the Cats pick, the Mavs, and the Thunders pick.

Everything goes right and Thibs gets that young, athletic roster.

And Zoom, hasn't Lamb been doing well this year (in what is essentially his first year in the NBA)?

In a league where you're essentially just waiting for a superstar to make your team good, GarPax have done a really good job of leaving us in a position where we should have some talent around. Butler, Mirotic, Charlotte 1st, perhaps Snell, plus the higher earner Gibson are all nice pieces to have around when you're building the team back up. Gibson is probably the worst recent move.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
In a league where you're essentially just waiting for a superstar to make your team good, GarPax have done a really good job of leaving us in a position where we should have some talent around. Butler, Mirotic, Charlotte 1st, perhaps Snell, plus the higher earner Gibson are all nice pieces to have around when you're building the team back up. Gibson is probably the worst recent move.

Losing Asik for nothing combined with all the money thrown at Gibson is the worst recent move

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
Other deals kicked around over there:

Hinrich for Shved

Deng for Marion + filler and Mavs 1st this year (if it's in the top 20)

You'd be going into the draft with...

PG: Rose, Teague

SG: Shved, Lamb

SF: Butler, Snell

PF: Nikola, Taj, Murphy

C : Adams/Perkins

And you have the Bulls pick (which would be damn high at that point), possibly the Cats pick, the Mavs, and the Thunders pick.

Everything goes right and Thibs gets that young, athletic roster.

And Zoom, hasn't Lamb been doing well this year (in what is essentially his first year in the NBA)?

Mavs couldn't trade that pick, Stepien Rule prevents you from trading consecutive picks.

Lamb has bad efficiency this year (9 points on 8 shots) and does basically nothing but shoot jumpers at an okay rate. His FT rate is horrible, which is a baf sign.

If your only goal is to be terrible, the deal does that. If you want to add guys that csn be above average starters for your next contender, it leaves a lot to be desiref.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)
Losing Asik for nothing combined with all the money thrown at Gibson is the worst recent move

I'm not really a fan of Asik and the Gibson deal isn't horrible, but I think we could have kept him more cheaply if we let him reach the open market. I know that we want him on the team under most circumstances, but the money takes away from otherwise really good cap position.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
I'm not really a fan of Asik and the Gibson deal isn't horrible, but I think we could have kept him more cheaply if we let him reach the open market. I know that we want him on the team under most circumstances, but the money takes away from otherwise really good cap position.

You dont have to be a fan of Asik, he was an asset that they let walk for nothing. And Gibson is getting paid starter money as a 6th man, while this team is snug against the cap with no wiggle room.

The way the whole thing broke down pissed me off. You dont spend all season saying you are going to re-sign Asik and then let him sign a poison pill deal like that. And even worse, Asik became more than a mere serviceable player last season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
You dont have to be a fan of Asik, he was an asset that they let walk for nothing. And Gibson is getting paid starter money as a 6th man, while this team is snug against the cap with no wiggle room.

The way the whole thing broke down pissed me off. You dont spend all season saying you are going to re-sign Asik and then let him sign a poison pill deal like that. And even worse, Asik became more than a mere serviceable player last season.

Asik wouldn't have been a starter here either. Noah and Boozer would have.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Asik wouldn't have been a starter here either. Noah and Boozer would have.

That is perfectly fine, but in reality with Noahs injury issues last season Asik would have been starting for a good portion of the year. And in the end, Asik signed for less years and less money than Gibson.

Like I said, they let an asset walk away for absolutely nothing. No sign and trade, no attempt to sign him. Nothing.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
Selling WAY too low. Lamb has been mediocre to poor and Adams is a project. Just this past offseason people were talking about Noah for Aldridge.

And here's officer zoom shooting down another proposal. Monta Ellis? He sucks. He just hogs the ball and can't shoot. Michael Beasley? hahahaha. What a moron. He can't play. He smokes pot. Aldridge? hahaha. He shoots too many jumpers. He doesn't rebound enough. Lamb? Yeah, he's only 21 and played 12 games this year, but no. He's not efficient enough. I swear you secretly work for the bulls. How else could you be so bland and boring?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)

We didn't let him go for nothing, we let him go in order to not pay him $15 million next year. I think it is presumptuous to say that we didn't try to sign him or arrange an S&T

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
And here's officer zoom shooting down another proposal. Monta Ellis? He sucks. He just hogs the ball and can't shoot. Michael Beasley? hahahaha. What a moron. He can't play. He smokes pot. Aldridge? hahaha. He shoots too many jumpers. He doesn't rebound enough. Lamb? Yeah, he's only 21 and played 12 games this year, but no. He's not efficient enough. I swear you secretly work for the bulls. How else could you be so bland and boring?

Just so we are clear, Beasley, as the #2 pick, has been a colossal bust thus far. Yes, he's played well off the bench this year - in limited minutes for the best team since the Jordan Bulls. We should probably hold off on throwing the parade.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
We didn't let him go for nothing, we let him go in order to not pay him $15 million next year. I think it is presumptuous to say that we didn't try to sign him or arrange an S&T

it isnt presumptious at all. They spent all season saying they planned on signing him after the season, he hit the market and was immediately signed to a poison pill contract. They had the entire season to sign him and chose not to, then were unable to because of the Houston contract.

This is on the Bulls front office.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
Just so we are clear, Beasley, as the #2 pick, has been a colossal bust thus far. Yes, he's played well off the bench this year - in limited minutes for the best team since the Jordan Bulls. We should probably hold off on throwing the parade.

And just so we are more clear, that's what I said he could do. I didn't say he could be a starter. I said he could be a productive role player with Miami. And everybody was like, hahahaha. no way. He blows.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)

QFT. Even with Rose today, you still take Rose over Beasley.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
And just so we are more clear, that's what I said he could do. I didn't say he could be a starter. I said he could be a productive role player with Miami. And everybody was like, hahahaha. no way. He blows.

You are saying "wait on Lamb, it's only been 12 games." Beasley has played in 9 games. Let's wait before we declare him a good bench player. Maybe he keeps it up. Maybe he doesn't.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
You are saying "wait on Lamb, it's only been 12 games." Beasley has played in 9 games. Let's wait before we declare him a good bench player. Maybe he keeps it up. Maybe he doesn't.

Why wouldn't he on that team in that system? You think he's gonna just suddenly say, "f*** off LeBron, this is my team."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Why wouldn't he on that team in that system? You think he's gonna just suddenly say, "f*** off LeBron, this is my team."

LOL, i could totally see Beasley saying "My time now. Ball is in my hands, shoot" because that is what he has done his entire career

He probably wont, but i could see it happening

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)

Not necessarily that, but the dude's a headcase. I feel bad for him as a person because he's battled anxiety and/or depression issues in the past, but as a basketball player, he's a headcase. I can totally see him tripping over his own feet - smoking weed or doing whatever else, missing practices, getting arrested, and then getting cut because he's undependable and a cancer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
So if Deng and Hinrich get off the books and Boozer is amnestied, I read where the Bulls still only will have about $10 million in cap space. Any huge free agent will have to take a huge discount or there will have to be a sign and trade.

The Bulls are deeply entrenched in NBA hell. There's just no way out of it right now.