NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)
I'd very much consider trading Noah for an expiring contract and a first rounder at this point. Maybe it'd take 2 first rounders but that's a move they should absolutely consider. With his health history, age, and contract, he only makes sense to the Bulls if they're looking at a loaded team next year, which right now no longer looks to be the case. But...you put him on a team that needs defense and rebounding and that's a major upgrade.

I don't consider it unless I get a lottery pick. He's a solid big on a reasonable contract. Those are hard to find.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
I don't recall seeing anyone explicitly say we should keep Deng. I know I said deal hi m right after Derrick got hurt. No real point in keeping him since he's probably gone after this year anyways. Only way I'd keep him is if he signed for around 8 mil. Even then, trading him could bring better value. If Marcin Gortat can net a first, I would think Deng can.

Ya I don't think anybody here has even come close to saying that we should keep him. I'm sure if you listen to talk radio enough though you find some casuals who call in that will be very angry if he's traded.

I didn't mean for that to necessarily be a comprehensive list and I tried to go with guys with the most track record to avoid argument. I wasn't necessarily trying to make a point beyond it clearly being a really good thing to be picking in the top 5 if at all possible

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
I didn't mean for that to necessarily be a comprehensive list and I tried to go with guys with the most track record to avoid argument. I wasn't necessarily trying to make a point beyond it clearly being a really good thing to be picking in the top 5 if at all possible

Ha I figured, but it added some conversation so why not?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Apparently the Cavs are begging the Bulls to take Dion Waiters for Luol Deng. This according to Chris Broussard.

Ugh. HATE Waiters. That's admittedly the kind of deal they should look for, but Waiters does so many dumb things and doesn't really do anything well. Plus he already looks like a pain in the ass.

Think the Cavs are happy they took him over Drummond, Lillard and Barnes?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Ugh. HATE Waiters. That's admittedly the kind of deal they should look for, but Waiters does so many dumb things and doesn't really do anything well. Plus he already looks like a pain in the ass.

The Cavs are f***ing terrible. They just took Bennett first overall. That says it all. That little idiot kid with the glasses might have all the ping pong ball luck, but management has f***ed it all up. They could be rocking Kyrie, Drummond, and Oladipo. Instead they have Kyrie and Jack s***.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)

It was always a weird pick to pair him with Kyrie but that's probably why they didn't pick Lillard. But yes, they must hate themselves for not picking Drummond or Barnes especially when those 2 probably had the highest ceilings in that draft(outside of Davis).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
The Cavs are f***ing terrible. They just took Bennett first overall. That says it all. That little idiot kid with the glasses might have all the ping pong ball luck, but management has f***ed it all up. They could be rocking Kyrie, Drummond, and Oladipo. Instead they have Kyrie and Jack s***.

lmao, terrible

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
Is it the luxury tax that they have to be under after the deal for it to work? If so something like Waiters and Zeller would work.

Trade rules for teams over the cap

The cliffnotes version is that the Cavs would have to send back at least $9 million in salary. Waiters makes a little under $4 million.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
lmao@the bobcats backcourt. Walker/Henderson went 6/32. This is just terrible. This conference cannot be this bad. Please get better fast!

If anything, it'll probably get worse as guys get "hurt" come March.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:08 AM)
Would you guys do Waiters, Earl Clark, and Tyler Zeller for Deng? It's over 9M so it would work.

Clark's contract next year is non guaranteed next year, then you have a potential starting 2 guard and a backup C for the next 4 years.

They tossing in a pick?

Otherwise, no.

Since the Bulls played Detroit last night, I had a thought: are they dumb enough to give us Monroe for Deng?

My initial reaction is f*** no, but it does make some sense. Their frontcourt doesn't work on either end of the floor. Smith at SF is brutal. They're not moving him or Drummond, and Monroe might be gone since he's talking about a max deal.

Deng would be a huge upgrade at SF and let them play Smith inside where he belongs. I'm sure we'd all much rather pay Monroe 15 mil a year than 12 or so for Deng. Plus it would give them the flexibility to dump Taj

I still don't know if it could happen because of the talent gap, but it makes too much sense. I'd even throw in a protected first I think.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
Since the Bulls played Detroit last night, I had a thought: are they dumb enough to give us Monroe for Deng?

My initial reaction is f*** no, but it does make some sense. Their frontcourt doesn't work on either end of the floor. Smith at SF is brutal. They're not moving him or Drummond, and Monroe might be gone since he's talking about a max deal.

Deng would be a huge upgrade at SF and let them play Smith inside where he belongs. I'm sure we'd all much rather pay Monroe 15 mil a year than 12 or so for Deng. Plus it would give them the flexibility to dump Taj

I still don't know if it could happen because of the talent gap, but it makes too much sense. I'd even throw in a protected first I think.

Where are you playing Nikola at? What about Booz or Taj for the rest of the year?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Where are you playing Nikola at? What about Booz or Taj for the rest of the year?

Mirotic comes of the bench. We have no idea how good he is anyways. Or you could play Monroe at C if someone blows you away for Noah.

Taj would obviously get dumped somewhere in this scenario. While he's still here, the Bulls would finally have 4 real bigs so the starters don't have to play 40.

Boozer plays out the string off the bench and then gets amnesty'd. Do we really care about his minutes at this point?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 01:08 AM)
Would you guys do Waiters, Earl Clark, and Tyler Zeller for Deng? It's over 9M so it would work.

Clark's contract next year is non guaranteed next year, then you have a potential starting 2 guard and a backup C for the next 4 years.

Worth pointing out that the Bulls would save a few million on luxury tax with that deal, but it would cut a substantail amount from the Bulls available cap space next offseason.