NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
Mirotic comes of the bench. We have no idea how good he is anyways. Or you could play Monroe at C if someone blows you away for Noah.

Taj would obviously get dumped somewhere in this scenario. While he's still here, the Bulls would finally have 4 real bigs so the starters don't have to play 40.

Boozer plays out the string off the bench and then gets amnesty'd. Do we really care about his minutes at this point?

Putting it that way, then yeah, I'd be good with just Deng for Monroe. I'd want them to keep the pick because they are going to need cheap talent on the bench and GarPax generally makes good picks.

But you can't dump Taj, you need legitimate value for him.

Edit: Bulls would need to take back someone like Charlie V for the contract to work, but yeah, I'd be cool with it.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is random as all hell. But is this the worst single-season roster in nba history?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/VAN/1996.html

I know this was their first year of existence. But jesus f***ing christ of almighty praise be to allah and the prophets and angels. My eyes are bleeding. How did they win 15 games?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
So start cheering for the bobcats?

The pick improves every year. If you really want an extra pick this year sure, but if Charlotte continues being terrible the protection moves higher and higher. That's why everyone has targeted 2016, because that pick is unprotected in 2016. If Charlotte is at the top of the draft the next couple years that pick could be a top pick in the 2016 class.

You don't realize how f***ing big Bynum is until you see him absolutely dwarf Joakim Noah

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
This is random as all hell. But is this the worst single-season roster in nba history?

I know this was their first year of existence. But jesus f***ing christ of almighty praise be to allah and the prophets and angels. My eyes are bleeding. How did they win 15 games?

They didn't even play in good college programs for Christ's sake

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)

That team looks incredibly awful on paper, but they actually finished 18th of 29 teams defensively. Charlotte from 2 years ago was dead last in both offense and defensive efficiency. That's impressive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
The pick improves every year. If you really want an extra pick this year sure, but if Charlotte continues being terrible the protection moves higher and higher. That's why everyone has targeted 2016, because that pick is unprotected in 2016. If Charlotte is at the top of the draft the next couple years that pick could be a top pick in the 2016 class.

The protection decreases every year, it doesn't necessarily get better. Charlotte could be 10th this year, then 6th or whatever next year, then they could be good and really F the Bulls. I think I would settle for the 11th pick this year, given the depth of the upcoming class, and be done with it. I seriously doubt if it gets to 2016, it's top 10 pick, especially given how god awful the East is.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
The protection decreases every year, it doesn't necessarily get better. Charlotte could be 10th this year, then 6th or whatever next year, then they could be good and really F the Bulls. I think I would settle for the 11th pick this year, given the depth of the upcoming class, and be done with it. I seriously doubt if it gets to 2016, it's top 10 pick, especially given how god awful the East is.

I agree. And who knows what the draft class of 2016 will look like anyway. I'd rather have Aaron Gordon or Joel Embiid if possible.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)

Yep to me, if Charlotte get a top 10 pick in this year's draft, I don't think the Bulls are going to end up with a top 10 pick in 2016. They've actually got a competent coach in Steve Clifford who is a defense first guy who worked under SVG for a lot of years.

They'd be hoping Charlotte can win about 35 games, and get one of those 11-12-13 picks IMO.

So if the Bulls could end up with picks say 6 and 11, which is entirely possible, that's a pretty good result I'd say, and it also opens up a lot of trade possibilities also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
Yep to me, if Charlotte get a top 10 pick in this year's draft, I don't think the Bulls are going to end up with a top 10 pick in 2016. They've actually got a competent coach in Steve Clifford who is a defense first guy who worked under SVG for a lot of years.

They'd be hoping Charlotte can win about 35 games, and get one of those 11-12-13 picks IMO.

So if the Bulls could end up with picks say 6 and 11, which is entirely possible, that's a pretty good result I'd say, and it also opens up a lot of trade possibilities also.

Yeah, that's not happening. Bulls are sadly a mortal lock for the postseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
Yeah, that's not happening. Bulls are sadly a mortal lock for the postseason.

If they keep Deng. I got to believe it'll be really tough for Gar to pass on some of the offers...He's a stubborn stubborn man, so who knows. We'll see if he's a complete idiot soon.

Charlotte is going to come down. They've had one of the easiest schedules in the league so far and they're still getting outscored by almost 3 points a night. That roster is horrible.

It's a toss-up if they're better off getting it now or later though. Charlotte could have as many as 3 picks this year (theirs, Portland's if it's outside the top-12 and Detroit's if it's outside the top-8). That could be bad news for the Bulls once the 2016 draft rolls around. However, if they get unlucky and/or whiff with these picks, it could still be a good one.

As for the Bulls, they've had two horrible results since the injury. I'm still assuming they're better than the rest of this crap until they're several games under in another month or so.

I'm still hoping for a Deng for Ben Gordon and a pick swap.

Walker/Sessions-Henderson/Taylor-Deng/MKG-Jefferson/McRoberts-Biyombo/Zeller isn't that bad a squad IMO. Probably puts them in the 10-15 range.

Would be real nice to get the Bobcats pick we've been waiting on, then the Detroit pick from the Bobcats, and the Bulls pick. Then package 2 of em to move up.

C'mon MJ make it happen.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 30, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Charlotte is going to come down. They've had one of the easiest schedules in the league so far and they're still getting outscored by almost 3 points a night. That roster is horrible.

They've been playing without their best player, too. Big Al makes somewhat of a difference.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
They've been playing without their best player, too. Big Al makes somewhat of a difference.

Meh. Jefferson is a better fantasy player than real-life player. He'll help their offense a bit but is a bad defender. They also have no shooting to take advantage of him drawing a crowd. They are still starting MKG, Gerald Henderson and Josh McRoberts after all.

Edited by ZoomSlowik