NBA Thread 2013-2014

This team drafted Cody Zeller 4th this year. They're the dumbest thing this side of Anthony Bennett. I would not count on them to be good, and I definitely wouldn't count on it based on the assumption they'll make good draft picks. If they have 3 picks in the top 15 and there are three bad players in the top 15, they'll pick those three

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobcats had the Heat down 14 with about 9 minutes left until Miami went on one of those insane runs that only they can. LeBron wasn't even supposed to play tonight (back spasms, i think) and he still went out there and effortlessly scored 26 points on only 13 shots and did everything else he normally does. We're past the point of small sample sizes. 17 games is a little over 20% of the season and this dude is still at 60% from the field. His fg% has gone up every year (51%, 53%, 56.5%) since he's been in Miami. Post game is legit. Mid-range is legit. 3-pointer is legit. Improved from the ft line. I guess what i'm saying is that we're getting to that point where you have to at least consider the possibility we might be witnessing the single most complete/dominant player of all-time. And he's still not 29 yet.

Anyone see DeMarcus Cousins so high fiving Clippers rule? It comes off as childish but I actually kind of like it.

I grew up on the NBA where the players hated each other and their were heated rivalries. I miss that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 06:49 AM)
Anyone see DeMarcus Cousins so high fiving Clippers rule? It comes off as childish but I actually kind of like it.

I grew up on the NBA where the players hated each other and their were heated rivalries. I miss that.

Yeah, DC seems to hate everybody including his own mother.

Oh, has anybody peeped Durant's stat line from last night? Good god.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489126

Andre Drummond had himself a night as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489123

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
Yeah, DC seems to hate everybody including his own mother.

Oh, has anybody peeped Durant's stat line from last night? Good god.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489126

Andre Drummond had himself a night as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489123

Durant's night might have been the best fantasy basketball night ever.

Tonight's outcome is about as ideal a scenario that I can come up with for the Bulls.

1: Luol continues his hot streak - trade value boost.

2: Taj is showing, at least temporarily, that he can be more than a 8 and 6 guy.

3: Snell didn't do too much tonight. But he's still getting valuable experience that should only help him later.

4: Bulls lose

Perfect night

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
Tonight's outcome is about as ideal a scenario that I can come up with for the Bulls.

1: Luol continues his hot streak - trade value boost.

2: Taj is showing, at least temporarily, that he can be more than a 8 and 6 guy.

3: Snell didn't do too much tonight. But he's still getting valuable experience that should only help him later.

4: Bulls lose

Perfect night

Precisely, though I'd rather have seen Snell getting more time in the overtimes than Dunleavy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
Oh, remember last year when I said Paul George was a more athletic Scottie Pippen? I didn't mean it the way it sounded at the time.

Now? Yeah, he's better.

You better have been drunk as hell when you posted this...

Either that or you're just trolling.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:24 AM)
Have to debate on Taj, whether he'd be best to keep or if some team would overpay with a high first rounder for some insane reason.

If someone offers something good including cap relief, you take it. And I say that as a guy who thought the Bulls had a shot to knock the Heat off coming into this year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)
You better have been drunk as hell when you posted this...

Either that or you're just trolling.

Someone hasn't been watching Paul George.

Elite defense? Check.

Score from anywhere? Check.

Painfully handsome and stylish? Check.

Apparently young point guards kicking ass is just the name of the NBA these days. From Curry to Lillard to Wall to MCW to Bledsoe to Lawson to Kyrie to Goran freakin' Dragic, these little s***s are getting theirs from anywhere on the court on a ridiculous, nightly basis.

And we gave the biggest contract we could to the guy whose knees explode every year. Great.

Edited by Steve9347