NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
Houston isn't asking for the moon. Finding a team that wants a $15 million cap hit for next season on a guy like Omer Asik is going to be pretty hard.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1890598...-deal-they-like

There has been talk about the Rockets wanting two first-round picks for the Turkish big man

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
The Score is saying that there is more crap coming out of the DRose camp directed at the Bulls. What did I miss? THey are going to talk about it soon.

Found it: Derrick Rose unhappy with Bulls' rebuilding plans

His injuries are forcing the rebuild!! STFU DRose. I really have lost respect for you

So the guy who refused to recruit is upset we might rebuild.

Hopefully this story is made up through Reggie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
We go from linking to a NY Daily News article to linking to a Bleacher Report "post". You managed to downgrade. Next up, someone will reference a f***ing Flapship article.

*digs around for Flapship "Sources Say Rose Comes Back Tonite" article

in fairness, Bleacher report has been hiring actual reporters and trying to clean up their tabloid image

FWIW bleacher report isnt the only source of the story

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-for-omer-asik/

http://www.hoopsworld.com/rockets-want-2-f...-picks-for-asik

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)
*digs around for Flapship "Sources Say Rose Comes Back Tonite" article

in fairness, Bleacher report has been hiring actual reporters and trying to clean up their tabloid image

FWIW bleacher report isnt the only source of the story

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-for-omer-asik/

http://www.hoopsworld.com/rockets-want-2-f...-picks-for-asik

Both of those articles reference Alan Hahn, a tv analyst who works at Madison Square Gardens, who has no sources for his made up article from over two weeks ago.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
Both of those articles reference Alan Hahn, a tv analyst who works at Madison Square Gardens, who has no sources for his made up article from over two weeks ago.

you are just being nitpicky because flapship didnt break it

SOME RUMORS (SOURCES THAT STEVE9347 DOESNT SUPPORT) STATE THAT HOUSTON IS ASKING FOR THE MOON FOR ASIK

edited for accuracy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
you are just being nitpicky because flapship didnt break it

SOME RUMORS (SOURCES THAT STEVE9347 DOESNT SUPPORT) STATE THAT HOUSTON IS ASKING FOR THE MOON FOR ASIK

edited for accuracy

Well, that's inaccurate. I referenced Flapship as an unreliable source in my post above by saying it'd be an even worse "source" than NY Daily News or Bleacher Report, and have dropped all interest since receiving my ridiculous promotion months ago. I can, however, call a spade a spade and see when online material is reliable or not. Three "articles" referencing an "article" with made-up information does not the truth make. The fact of the matter is that the Rockets would likely give Asik away if they could, but that final year of his contract remains a poison pill because it's a ridiculous sum to pay someone like Omer Asik.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Just when you think things cant get worse, the Rose camp starts yapping again

Is his camp stupid? Do they not understand that tanking for one of the best draft classes in recent history can prevent them from rebuilding at all?

A core of Butler, Noah, Jabari/Wiggins, Mirotic, and Rose is a hell of a lot better than what we had this year before Rose got hurt.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
Is his camp stupid? Do they not understand that tanking for one of the best draft classes in recent history can prevent them from rebuilding at all?

A core of Butler, Noah, Jabari/Wiggins, Mirotic, and Rose is a hell of a lot better than what we had this year before Rose got hurt.

Do i have to answer that?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)

The President of the Rose Camp is Reggie Rose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
This Cavs and Blazers game was awesome. Lillard going 6th in last year's draft remains so silly. But the Cavs already had a point guard, so why would they want a lights out 3pt demon?

Or they could have taken Andre Drummond and passed on the whole Andrew Bynum experience this year. Even assuming they're not that smart, Harrison Barnes was a fairly obvious pick and would be a much better fit than Waiters.

Sacramento passed on all of those guys as well, but hey, Thomas Robinson is only on his third team already.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm not going to crown Lillard until he gets his FG% safely above 40% -- it's .394 for now

Overall fg% is less important when you're making nearly three 3's per game on 7 attempts and shoot over 90% from the line. His TS% is almost 57%. And he doesn't turn the ball over much either. Dude is a stud and I'm happy for Portland. We're going through a tough time with Rose right now. They lost Roy and Oden.