NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way this team is playing, how are there not even any trade rumors about any of deng/noah, etc? I don't even care if they're bulls***. Just something that at least hints at the FO FINALLY getting over this core and looking to rebuild/retool or whatever. Signing Augistin was just stupid. That demonstrates that you're still trying to hold on to this year. One of Wiggins/Parker/Randle at least looks realistic at the moment. Trade Deng NOW! You're not going to resign him. WTF are they waiting for. God I detest this FO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
Noah tried going to Thunder locker room to say bye to Thabo and Perkins was having none of it and yelled at him. What an ogre.

f*** Perkins.

And that wall of text about Pro-Tankers not getting it. It's a lost season. I love the Bulls and want a championship I can remember. Parker/Wiggins gets closer to that than a first round thumping by the Heat.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
f*** Perkins.

And that wall of text about Pro-Tankers not getting it. It's a lost season. I love the Bulls and want a championship I can remember. Parker/Wiggins gets closer to that than a first round thumping by the Heat.

I'm much older than you and I'm struggling to remember the Bulls' last title. A super, duper golden oppo is here. We'll never acquire a star through FA or trade. This is our only way. And they're (front office) sabotaging it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
I'm much older than you and I'm struggling to remember the Bulls' last title. A super, duper golden oppo is here. We'll never acquire a star through FA or trade. This is our only way. And they're (front office) sabotaging it.

I think Deng and Dunleavy are gone at the deadline.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:05 AM)
There's also a part of me that thinks the trade market just isn't really in full swing yet.

You're thinking like Bulls management. After December whatever when newly signed players can be dealt, most GMs consider it open season and work to improve their chances at winning a championship.

Garpax sits on their collective, aged hands and does nothing praying for Lord knows what. They need to deal Deng for Waiters and expiring salary and laugh at the badness.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)

I remember it. I think Larry Bird went up against Michael Jordan and Adam Vinatieri scored the game winning 3 point field goal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
You're thinking like Bulls management. After December whatever when newly signed players can be dealt, most GMs consider it open season and work to improve their chances at winning a championship.

Garpax sits on their collective, aged hands and does nothing praying for Lord knows what. They need to deal Deng for Waiters and expiring salary and laugh at the badness.

Farbeit from me to defend them, but this is a bit melodramatic. It has been 15 days, there has been 1 trade, the other most likely to go player got pulled back for who knows how long. If most of the other GMs are actively trying to win a championship they are doing a terrible job.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Farbeit from me to defend them, but this is a bit melodramatic. It has been 15 days, there has been 1 trade, the other most likely to go player got pulled back for who knows how long. If most of the other GMs are actively trying to win a championship they are doing a terrible job.

I'm not going to criticize just yet, but I will add this...if there's ever a time to be aggressive...it's now. There's literally no benefit to waiting if you can move any of these guys for an expiring and a draft pick or something similar. The NBA trade market doesn't usually improve with time. It can if someone gets hurt, but that's it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I'm not going to criticize just yet, but I will add this...if there's ever a time to be aggressive...it's now. There's literally no benefit to waiting if you can move any of these guys for an expiring and a draft pick or something similar. The NBA trade market doesn't usually improve with time. It can if someone gets hurt, but that's it.

I agree. I do not like anything right now.

Although, board, I did just have a dream last night where Milwaukee, in their "dream to be an 8th" seed thing, traded for Deng and gave us their 1st round pick. I was so pumped when I woke up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
I agree. I do not like anything right now.

Although, board, I did just have a dream last night where Milwaukee, in their "dream to be an 8th" seed thing, traded for Deng and gave us their 1st round pick. I was so pumped when I woke up.

I can contact your local Narcotics Anonymous if you do not wish to do so yourself