NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Kwame Brown and Olawacandi at least made way more sense. Also they don't care at your mocking since they made probably close to 60 mill between em.

Kwame alone has actually made $64 million in his career. Somehow he's still getting checks. It's scary how much money you can make if you're 6'10" or taller even if you have little talent.

Fun list of career earnings for bust big men...

Kwame Brown- $63.99 mil

Michael Olowokandi- $37.9 mil

DeSagana Diop- $47 mil

Darko Milicic- $52.3 mil

Stromile Swift- $43.2 mil

Tyrus Thomas- $37.2 mil

Joel Przybilla- $44.7 mil

Etan Thomas- $44.7 mil

Jared Jeffries- $40.5 mil

Obviously there are other examples, but I picked those guys because they still got sizeable second contracts even though they were pretty awful.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Kwame alone has actually made $64 million in his career. Somehow he's still getting checks. It's scary how much money you can make if you're 6'10" or taller even if you have little talent.

Fun list of career earnings for bust big men...

Kwame Brown- $63.99 mil

Michael Olowokandi- $37.9 mil

DeSagana Diop- $47 mil

Darko Milicic- $52.3 mil

Stromile Swift- $43.2 mil

Tyrus Thomas- $37.2 mil

Joel Przybilla- $44.7 mil

Etan Thomas- $44.7 mil

Jared Jeffries- $40.5 mil

Obviously there are other examples, but I picked those guys because they still got sizeable second contracts even though they were pretty awful.

Jesus what a waste of money.

Last year's draft hasn't really yielded anyone good.

MCW had a hot start, but he's come back down to earth now. He's around .500 for TS% and 100 for offensive rating. Surprisingly, the guy who's been the most efficient player in the draft is Tim Hardaway Jr, with a .586 TS% and a 114 offensive rating.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Last year's draft hasn't really yielded anyone good.

MCW had a hot start, but he's come back down to earth now. He's around .500 for TS% and 100 for offensive rating. Surprisingly, the guy who's been the most efficient player in the draft is Tim Hardaway Jr, with a .586 TS% and a 114 offensive rating.

Well, that's as expected, but I still think Michael Carter Williams will be "Good". He's still seems like he's gonna be a steals machine as he gets better, and his rebounding has been good too.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
Well, that's as expected, but I still think Michael Carter Williams will be "Good". He's still seems like he's gonna be a steals machine as he gets better, and his rebounding has been good too.

He's an all-star once his J becomes competent. If he develops a post game (he's bigger than most pgs), he'll really be good.

MCW needs to work on a lot of things on offense. Take a look at his shotchart. That's an awful lot of low percentages. Note that he's shooting under 48% in the basket area, which is fairly low (I'm still getting used to how NBA.com defines "basket area". Average was in the low-60's on my old site, NBA.com seems to be more like 55%).

I think he could be an All-Star down the road, but he's not playing nearly as well as his counting numbers would suggest.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I'm not convinced that a team with Carmelo on it can be good. But, unlike the tanker crew, I'll certainly consider doing something that would almost certainly make the team a perennial playoff team if management avoids Knicks-like idiocy. Why in the world would Melo want to play for Thibs, though?

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
I'm not convinced that a team with Carmelo on it can be good. But, unlike the tanker crew, I'll certainly consider doing something that would almost certainly make the team a perennial playoff team if management avoids Knicks-like idiocy. Why in the world would Melo want to play for Thibs, though?

Are you saying going forward? Because Melo played on some pretty good nuggets teams

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
Are you saying going forward? Because Melo played on some pretty good nuggets teams

Good wasn't the right word -- I question whether a team with Melo on it can win championships.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Good wasn't the right word -- I question whether a team with Melo on it can win championships.

I think him as the one star, would never win a championship. If another star came along I think he could

The Bulls couldn't sign him outright, so it's kind of moot. They'd have to work some kind of sign-and-trade with a ton of money going out, which NY may not be interested in because they'd prefer cap space.

If they could get a deal with Deng or Boozer and filler (ie Dunleavy+Teague instead of Taj) I'd certainly do it. You need as much D as possible on a roster with Melo though, so keeping Taj would be important. One other caveat: I'm not 100% sure they'd still be able to bring over Mirotic since Melo+Rose+Noah+Taj is already close to $60 million.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Isn't Mirotic supposed to be the MLE?

Yes, but you have to stay under the tax line when signing the player to have the full MLE available. That means they have to stay in the $65-66 mil range on the rest of your players, which is difficult with 4 guys making $60 mil-ish and without counting any picks.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 10:08 PM)
Yes, but you have to stay under the tax line when signing the player to have the full MLE available. That means they have to stay in the $65-66 mil range on the rest of your players, which is difficult with 4 guys making $60 mil-ish and without counting any picks.

Where is that number after the amnesty of Boozer?