NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Only things about Bird that hurts him, imo, is he came in super late (wasn't he like 24 his rookie year?) and that back cut his longevity down by like a lot. But from 80-87 or '88, s***, I won't even hate on what he did those years. Spectacular.

I think he did fine after 88

e: is this what tee ball feels like?

Edited by Boogua

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 12:03 AM)
Haha. Calm down. Where is bird in your top 8?

Other than MJ at 1, my list changes every week. After MJ (in no order), I've got Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, and I'm thinking Julius (if I'm allowed to include his aba days).

edit: I just realized you said top 8. Well, those are my top 10 - for now. Too hard to rank 'em after MJ. Have to put some thought into it.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:21 AM)
ESPN just said that PG's dunk > Vince's Dunk Contest dunk.

While similar, VC's was smoother. I understand his was in a dunk contest and not a game, but at best it's a tie.

PG can't touch Vince in overall athleticism I can careless what anyone says and I've back that up for years. I've said it in the past, Vince Carter could of been one of the best SGs (even arguable top 10 player) ever if he had even an ounce of work ethic and gave two s***s about the game.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
PG can't touch Vince in overall athleticism I can careless what anyone says and I've back that up for years. I've said it in the past, Vince Carter could of been one of the best SGs (even arguable top 10 player) ever if he had even an ounce of work ethic and gave two s***s about the game.

This is true. Vince with Kobe's attention to detail and work ethic would've been devastating. fortunately we've got LeBron.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:47 AM)
This is true. Vince with Kobe's attention to detail and work ethic would've been devastating. fortunately we've got LeBron.

LeBron isn't what a Kobe-Vince hybrid would be. s***, a Kobe-Vince hybrid is the GOAT.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
Who out there was a better pick after Teague?

Yeah, I can't be too upset about the pick with where we picked, and how much success we have had with similar picks. As bad as the front office has been with trades, they have been that good with draft picks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
Other than MJ at 1, my list changes every week. After MJ (in no order), I've got Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, and I'm thinking Julius (if I'm allowed to include his aba days).

edit: I just realized you said top 8. Well, those are my top 10 - for now. Too hard to rank 'em after MJ. Have to put some thought into it.

No LeBron?

He's already top 5 for me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
Nobody in retrospect. Think two Baylor guys at the time were on the board.

Just didn't get drafting him than signing Kirk.

I thought most everyone liked the Teague move at the time. He was pretty talented and extremely raw. Figured with time he might be able to turn into something. Didn't happen (at least not with the Bulls).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
I thought most everyone liked the Teague move at the time. He was pretty talented and extremely raw. Figured with time he might be able to turn into something. Didn't happen (at least not with the Bulls).

The only real complaint I remember is drafting a PG with having Derrick Rose around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
The only real complaint I remember is drafting a PG with having Derrick Rose around.

When the Bulls were drafting, he was by far the best "player" available from a talent perspective and in theory you had the luxury of being patient and hoping he'd develop into a nice complimentary player/back-up. Unfortunately he really never showed much development during his 1.5 years with the squad. I have a feeling he has a poor work ethic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
When the Bulls were drafting, he was by far the best "player" available from a talent perspective and in theory you had the luxury of being patient and hoping he'd develop into a nice complimentary player/back-up. Unfortunately he really never showed much development during his 1.5 years with the squad. I have a feeling he has a poor work ethic.

I agree about his work ethic. Thibs rewards players for that. You knew when he got no PT this season that something was wrong

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 11:39 PM)
How underrated has bird become?

1.MJ

2.KAJ

3.Wilt

4.Bird

5.Magic

6.Russell

7.Duncan

8.Shaq

9.LeBron

10.Hakeem

11.Kobe

12.Robertson

Bird is up there IMO, mid 80s Bird was as good as any player ever, bar none.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
After going 2-4 in the Finals? Really? He'll probably get there someday, but not right now. Duncan and Kobe over him for sure.

You mean 2-2 right?

I won't hold LeBron's first Finals against him, he was really young, the East was crap and the Spurs were at their peak, 2011 Finals was a major failure though. LBJ will easily get in my top 5 when it's all said and done.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
You mean 2-2 right?

I won't hold LeBron's first Finals against him, he was really young, the East was crap and the Spurs were at their peak, 2011 Finals was a major failure though. LBJ will easily get in my top 5 when it's all said and done.

Sorry, yes. Meant winner of 2 out of 4.