NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
Sure, if we circumvent the system and give Trayce a huge extension and say he has to share it with his brother after Klay agrees to a below-market level extension here:)

I like the way you think

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
grumble grumble something about how GarPax sucks

Clever.

I'm guessing Golden States big pitch to Dwight is to have him remember the year he went to the finals, surrounded by great 3pt shooting (and their nice run a few years ago before his back (?) started bothering him).

I'm going to imagine that scenario takes a big hit when you take away Thompson.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Looks like Andre Igoudala signed with the Warriors. I think somethin' big about to happened with GS.

They are going to be really dangerous next year. Iggy is a great pickup for them. If they could get Howard somehow, they have to be one of the favorites in the NBA.

If you aren't getting better, you're getting worse.

How much did they give him?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
They are going to be really dangerous next year. Iggy is a great pickup for them. If they could get Howard somehow, they have to be one of the favorites in the NBA.

If you aren't getting better, you're getting worse.

How much did they give him?

4/48

I don't see how Barnes fits in now. They must be planning on moving him. This is getting interesting.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
4/48

I don't see how Barnes fits in now. They must be planning on moving him. This is getting interesting.

That's a good deal and leaves them plenty of room if they are able to get rid of Biedrins/Bogut/Jefferson. Considering all those are expiring deals, they should be able to move them too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Oh, and I think they can either roll with Barnes off the bench or move him, possibly in a sign and trade with LA. He's definitely a piece that a semi-rebuilding Lakers team would be interested in.

Gotta be it. Man, Dwight, Lee, Iggy, Curry, Thompson is f***ing filthy if it happens. RIP western conference.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Gotta be it. Man, Dwight, Lee, Iggy, Curry, Thompson is f***ing filthy if it happens. RIP western conference.

And the Lakers have said they wouldn't do a sign and trade, but when push comes to shove, you do the sign and trade. The Cavs weren't going to S&T LeBron either, and guess what ended up happening in that scenario? Cleveland traded him because it's better getting something than nothing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
If a team trades for Asik, do they get to do the balance-out-the-poison-pill-year trick the Rockets were able to do with his contract?

I swear I read that it (the poison pill) kicked in if both the bulls matched the offer and if he was traded during the deal. Woj was discussing it on twitter yesterday

Kinda wondering how the dominos falling can effect the Bulls...

1) There's now a logjam for GSW's SG/SF spots. Klay, Barnes, and Iggy all need to start.

2) Kobe is gonna be pissed. Six years later, maybe he gets to the Bulls. Deng and Booz would both need to disappear and a backup PF would need to be found unless Erik Murphy and Malcolm Thomas become better than before.

3) Atlanta is gonna go into rebuild mode. Jump on Horford?

4) Mavericks basically have to go full rebuild as well. VC might be available.

5) Asik is moving somewhere, so follow the scent and try to get involved.

6) Denver might be looking for a defensive SF to replace Iggy.

Also, ORLANDO WON THE DWIGHT TRADE?!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)

1) There's now a logjam for GSW's SG/SF spots. Klay, Barnes, and Iggy all need to start.

2) Kobe is gonna be pissed. Six years later, maybe he gets to the Bulls. Deng and Booz would both need to disappear and a backup PF would need to be found unless Erik Murphy and Malcolm Thomas become better than before.

These will all be interesting to consider and discuss as they approach happening.

Steve will point out repeatedly as these discussions come up that none of them will happen.

Steve will be correct.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)

There will be an avalanche of trades/signings in the next few days. Unfortunately, we're the Bulls.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
Hahaha. Laker fans are going nuts over at Lakersground.net.

The Lakers knew what they were getting into when they made that trade. They deserve what happened, Dwight was pretty loud about not wanting to be a Laker.