NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
These will all be interesting to consider and discuss as they approach happening.

Steve will point out repeatedly as these discussions come up that none of them will happen.

Steve will be correct.

I enjoy speculating, but yeah.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
The Lakers knew what they were getting into when they made that trade. They deserve what happened, Dwight was pretty loud about not wanting to be a Laker.

I know that. You know that. But Laker fans are pretty f***ing spoiled and they can't fathom not getting their way. They're still pissed about the Chris Paul debacle. Now this? lol.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
I know that. You know that. But Laker fans are pretty f***ing spoiled and they can't fathom not getting their way. They're still pissed about the Chris Paul debacle. Now this? lol.

I don't blame them for still being pissed about Chris Paul, that Stern cockblock was shady

I think there is a tremendous risk in acquiring Dwight, but I sure can't blame Houston for taking it. If it doesn't work out as planned, they aren't going to be worse off than they were before.

Broussard tweeted that Houston is trying to work out sign and trade for josh smith with omer and Lin. What a day for Houston if it goes through. Though may bring out worst of josh smith jumpers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
Broussard tweeted that Houston is trying to work out sign and trade for josh smith with omer and Lin. What a day for Houston if it goes through. Though may bring out worst of josh smith jumpers.

Yeah, it looks pretty inevitable. Asik wants no part of being a back-up again - or so I've heard. Dwight/Smith would be disgusting defensively. They still might need another shooter to replace Lin.

Asik for Ryan Anderson is the new rumor. I like it for both teams. Anderson was beastly spacing the floor with Howard and Asik/Davis would be crazy-good defensively.

Edit- Looks like NO is trying to do that, with Houston more focused on J-Smoov.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
SportsCenter SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 4m

UPDATE: A source has told ESPN that Dwight Howard has "changed his mind." Howard has told Lakers he's now 50-50.

What a f***ing joke of a human being.

lol. That's got to be a fake twitter.

@WojYahooNBA: Al-Farouq Aminu has agreed to a one-year, $3.7 million deal with New Orleans, league source tells Y!

@BrettQCHoops: Josh McRoberts will re-sign with Charlotte: Charlotte and Josh McRoberts have come to terms on a two-year deal... http://t.co/0fAeCT9ydU

@WojYahooNBA: Nets have reached agreement to bring 2012 draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic to the NBA this season, league source tells Y! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: Milwaukee has reached agreement with OJ Mayo on a three-year, $24 million contract, league source tells Y! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: Jose Calderon has agreed to a four year deal with Dallas, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
lol. That's got to be a fake twitter.

Sportscenter is a real twitter lol

BUT, it is based on this man:

@Chris_Broussard: Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

So, tifwiw

I saw a tweet that mentioned the Dwight trade last year, all three of the principle pieces of that trade, Iggy, Dwight and Bynum left their teams and the teams got no compensation(assuming Dwight goes to Houston)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
Sportscenter is a real twitter lol

BUT, it is based on this man:

@Chris_Broussard: Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

So, tifwiw

Especially funny since the main reason it's an extra $30 million is because it's 5 years instead of 4. The difference in the first 4 years is like $3 million. Unless he's REALLY worried about his back, it's not going to make a huge difference.

Funny how he's gone from a clear top-5 player to a fringe All-Star (at least last year) and a massive headache.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 55m

Lakers caught by surprise that Dwight Howard's planning to see Mitch Kupchak once he lands in L.A. Said source: "That's news to Mitch."

So...it's not over??