NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwight is a douche but for some reason I'm thinking ESPN made something out of nothing tonight. Wouldnt be the first time they ran with a story that wasnt true.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 59m

Dwight Howard took his meetings, left for two-plus days to think, made a decision, flew to LA, told Lakers face-to-face and called Houston.

So it got leaked that Howard was going to Houston and when ESPN found out that Howard was going to LA for a meeting, they ran with a story that Howard was possibly waffling. Chris Broussard and his sources strike again!

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 05:06 AM)
Thats more like Dwight lied again. He didnt' have the balls to personally tell the Lakers.

"Reminder: Dwight Howard made a smart basketball decision for less money and went out of his way to tell his old team in person.

"

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 02:36 AM)
"Reminder: Dwight Howard made a smart basketball decision for less money and went out of his way to tell his old team in person.

"

Good post. Matt Spiegel always calls Dwight Howard the "flaky charlatan" and while I believe that is true, he made the right call here. Golden State may have been the best basketball choice for him but Houston was a close 2nd. Personally, I wouldn't have gone back to LA to play for D'antoni either. The guy has never won anything and will not win anything with that system. It baffles me that a group of people could ever sit across the table from Mike D'antoni and decide that the right decision is to make him your head basketball coach. Dumb.

Noah to work out with The Dream this summer.

Jo showed some glimpses of the work he put in with KAJ, but overall I wasn't overly impressed with his offensive game (Why I'd be down to trade him for LMA). Hopefully another HoFer will improve his offense even more.

Let the summer of Jo bringing back the dream shake begin.

Jo's offense got leaps and bounds better last year. It isn't good, but he's able to make very simple moves around the basket as well as put the ball on the floor if he needs to. It resulted in him taking a few more shots than he should have, but last year was a weird one without Derrick.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
Jo's offense got leaps and bounds better last year. It isn't good, but he's able to make very simple moves around the basket as well as put the ball on the floor if he needs to. It resulted in him taking a few more shots than he should have, but last year was a weird one without Derrick.

It might also help if he wasn't dealing with the plantar fasciitis.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)

I guess I was just expecting more out of him. His shooting % was the worst of his career last year.. All the talk of Kareem saying Jo would be "A monster" if he worked with him got hopes a little too high I guess.

I went back and looked on the talkbulls thread about him working with KAJ and you hit the nail on the head with your comment IMO.

This type of thing could be franchise changing.

It could also be a non-event that just makes him take a couple more funny looking shots.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
I guess I was just expecting more out of him. His shooting % was the worst of his career last year.. All the talk of Kareem saying Jo would be "A monster" if he worked with him got hopes a little too high I guess.

I went back and looked on the talkbulls thread about him working with KAJ and you hit the nail on the head with your comment IMO.

But hey, he made some of those funny-looking shots!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
So with Omer wanting out. Any chance the Bulls can swap Gibson for him and then trade Noah for Aldridge?

Oh wait, this is the Bulls front office, they aren't creative.

I kinda doubt Houston would be interested, Gibson is an $8 million non-shooter that's not really an impact player. Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson make a ton more sense. Maybe if both of those fall through. Gibson/Dwight would be pretty damn good defensively, though that'll hurt the spacing.

Edit- Just read on rotoworld that Anderson/Asik isn't happening according to Marc Stein, so maybe slightly more possible.

Kind of funny how things have switched after one year. I definitely would have taken Gibson at this time last year, but Asik had a solid year.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
I kinda doubt Houston would be interested, Gibson is an $8 million non-shooter. Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson make a ton more sense. Maybe if both of those fall through, Gibson would help on defense.

Edit- Just read on rotoworld that Anderson/Asik isn't happening according to Marc Stein, so maybe slightly more possible.

Kind of funny how things have switched after one year. I definitely would have taken Gibson at this time last year, but Asik had a solid year.

That poison pill in Asik's contract still matters I think, right? That could prevent the Bulls from bringing Mirotic over next season if it was there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
That poison pill in Asik's contract still matters I think, right? That could prevent the Bulls from bringing Mirotic over next season if it was there.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if he's traded you get hit with the 5-5-15 numbers instead of the 8-8-8 that Houston got. That definitely hurts the cause of a bunch of teams that might want him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Josh Smith to the Pistons. 4/56. The Pistons now have the most athletic front-court in basketball (and that's not even including the freak of nature that is Tony Mitchell).

And they're still going to blow because none of them can hit a jumper and their PG is Brandon Knight.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
And they're still going to blow because none of them can hit a jumper and their PG is Brandon Knight.

They're unbalanced (I'm just seeing now that Calderon signed with the Mavs). But this is the east.

1:Miami

2:Chicago/Indiana or Indiana/Chicago

3: Knicks

4: Nets

and just crap after that. Teams will be tanking left and right for the upcoming 2014 class.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
They're unbalanced (I'm just seeing now that Calderon signed with the Mavs). But this is the east.

1:Miami

2:Chicago/Indiana or Indiana/Chicago

3: Knicks

4: Nets

and just crap after that. Teams will be tanking left and right for the upcoming 2014 class.

Which Detroit probably should have done given their NBDL caliber backcourt. If nothing else, sign an actual wing that can shoot a little.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Which Detroit probably should have done given their NBDL caliber backcourt. If nothing else, sign an actual wing that can shoot a little.

Maybe they shop Monroe now? Because yeah. I don't see how you can play all three of them together. And no Quinarvy, there's no way we can get him.