NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2014 -> 12:50 AM)
NEVER THIS IS THE GREATEST PLAYOFFS OF ALL TIME 90S BASKETBALL WAS SLOW AND SUX LEBRON IS GOD BUT MUCH MORE ATHLETIC AND STRONG

Man, go watch some 90210 reruns and play teenage mutant ninja turtles on sega genesis. 90's4eva! Anyway, my question was legit. Thunders/Clippers is the conference finals most years.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2014 -> 12:50 AM)
NEVER THIS IS THE GREATEST PLAYOFFS OF ALL TIME 90S BASKETBALL WAS SLOW AND SUX LEBRON IS GOD BUT MUCH MORE ATHLETIC AND STRONG

This is actually a true statement.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
Nets with a really good 2nd quarter. Thornton went off.

If Brooklyn wins there will be four really good matchups. No sure things anywhere, although the heat will still be huge favorites.

Edited by Boogua

Second round is set. We've got two conference finals goin' on in the west. I'll take Clippers, Spurs in those two. In the east, the Nets might just be the only east team since the big 3 came together with the combination of talent/skill to legitimately take the Heat down. And unless Roy Hibbert wakes the f*** up from his 2 month coma, I think the Wizards are gonna clown the Pacers.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
Second round is set. We've got two conference finals goin' on in the west. I'll take Clippers, Spurs in those two. In the east, the Nets might just be the only east team since the big 3 came together with the combination of talent/skill to legitimately take the Heat down. And unless Roy Hibbert wakes the f*** up from his 2 month coma, I think the Wizards are gonna clown the Pacers.

Second.

I still think if Rose's ACL hadn't torn in 2012, those Bulls take the Heat out. Everything had started clicking.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 4, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
Second.

I still think if Rose's ACL hadn't torn in 2012, those Bulls take the Heat out. Everything had started clicking.

I'd like their chances better with Lopez, but this could very well be it for KG/Pierce on this stage. I would imagine they're going to go ballz out and, s***, it's Miami.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 3, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
I want to call Lillard a superstar, but I'm scared to after Paul George made me look like a fool. This has been the best first round in nba history. If you don't think so, you're just too afraid to let go of your childhood.

I fully agree. If only my Bulls made it more enjoyable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
So is mocking anyone who doesn't think this version of the NBA is the bestest thing ever. The modern NBA is just a highly paid game of 21 anymore. It is compete one on one.

At least that is talking about NBA vs. NBA. NBA has nothing to do with hockey.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2014 -> 05:49 PM)
I realize parity in the NBA has been fiction for a long time. I was just kinda making fun of your whole "the NBA today is da greatest eva" comment. Yeah it's a cool story of all these first round 7 game series but we all know only two or three teams really have a real shot at the title. When's the last time a surprise team no one expected to win won it all? That happens in the NFL, MLB and NHL quite frequently, never in the NBA.

The parody in the league is better then ever, with one potential exception, that team out East will cruise to their 4th consecutive NBA finals appearance. However, parody doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the game is what it once was. However, all that said, the past couple playoff runs (post strike) have been very very entertaining and I've been loving basketball a lot more the past couple years then during the 2000's when the NBA was in hell trying to find new faces, etc.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
The parody in the league is better then ever, with one potential exception, that team out East will cruise to their 4th consecutive NBA finals appearance. However, parody doesn't necessarily mean the quality of the game is what it once was. However, all that said, the past couple playoff runs (post strike) have been very very entertaining and I've been loving basketball a lot more the past couple years then during the 2000's when the NBA was in hell trying to find new faces, etc.

I agree the league is a parody today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody

The thing I never thought about re:West dominance is that the lottery perpetuates the problem. Every year, really good teams that barely miss the playoffs in the West get put into the lottery, giving them better rookies than they are due.