NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 6, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
Paul George slept with Roy Hibberts wife.

Damn, My money was on Evan Turner.

The sad thing is if the rumor was right, it wasn't even his wife, it was his affair.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
So dumb, every year when a player has a poor playoff performance suddenly some player is sleeping with his wife.

Pau Gasol/Kobe, Tony Parker/Brent Barry, those Villanova players I'm forgetting, Steve Nash/Lenandro Barbosa, Lebron/Delonte West, and now Hibbert/George.

It's like the new my dog ate my homework, although I do believe a couple of them were true.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
Pau Gasol/Kobe, Tony Parker/Brent Barry, those Villanova players I'm forgetting, Steve Nash/Lenandro Barbosa, Lebron/Delonte West, and now Hibbert/George.

It's like the new my dog ate my homework, although I do believe a couple of them were true.

I'm sure some of the rumors are true just because these things sadly do happen but it is hilarious how there are rumors like this nearly every year now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)

The only one I've had people tell me was certain was parker/barry.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
I would say "Why dont the Bulls FO just come out and say he is unavailable so this nonsense can stop"

But, it is the Bulls front office.

Why do they need to? They have Thibs under contract. They can keep quiet and let a bidding war start. If you're GarPax and a team like the Lakers would give you their lottery pick + maybe take Boozer of your hands for Thibs and something else, wouldn't you have to think hard about it?

Coaches improve teams in the regular season. Stars win playoff games. If you don't have the talent, you're not winning, no matter how good your coach is. That's been proven year after year, so why would the Bulls put coaching first if they could land another potential all-star/superstar?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Why do they need to? They have Thibs under contract. They can keep quiet and let a bidding war start. If you're GarPax and a team like the Lakers would give you their lottery pick + maybe take Boozer of your hands for Thibs and something else, wouldn't you have to think hard about it?

Coaches improve teams in the regular season. Stars win playoff games. If you don't have the talent, you're not winning, no matter how good your coach is. That's been proven year after year, so why would the Bulls put coaching first if they could land another potential all-star/superstar?

By all accounts, Melo wants to play for Thibs. So, if you move Thibs, then you lose your chance at that star. If that doesnt bother you, then by all means, let him go.

But lets be honest, this front office has done itself no favors in the ways they have handled management. Ron Adams being let go, the contentious nature with Thibs, choking VDN, Skiles leaving, Cartwright firing. It has been really ugly. So, if it blows up with one of the highly regarded coaches in the league, then you are risking nobody wanting to come coach this team, which will also lead to not many players wanting to play in Chicago(which is already a problem).

This team isnt the Lakers. They cant afford to consistently put their worst foot forward and hope for the best.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
By all accounts, Melo wants to play for Thibs. So, if you move Thibs, then you lose your chance at that star. If that doesnt bother you, then by all means, let him go.

But lets be honest, this front office has done itself no favors in the ways they have handled management. Ron Adams being let go, the contentious nature with Thibs, choking VDN, Skiles leaving, Cartwright firing. It has been really ugly. So, if it blows up with one of the highly regarded coaches in the league, then you are risking nobody wanting to come coach this team, which will also lead to not many players wanting to play in Chicago(which is already a problem).

This team isnt the Lakers. They cant afford to consistently put their worst foot forward and hope for the best.

All good points. But I don't think in this situation they necessarily have to be public about what they want/don't want. They're keeping their options open. I think that's the smart play here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
You didn't know that Paxson and VDN got into a fight, and Pax grabbed VDN by the tie and basically choked him with it?

This is the nice version that came out immediately after it happened

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-04...bulls-spokesman

I think I vaguely remember knowing about that at some point but it's completely slipped my memory.