NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
While I am in Dreamland... Melo or Love, if you had your choice... Go.

I love Love all around. Plus Minn would prob take Boozer's expiring, I'm guessing.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:14 PM)
Holy crap, looks like Balta was right, Pacers do have another gear. Hope they can do this three more times.

Wait, what? Did I say I thought they would or that I was just hoping for it?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 18, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
Don't see Pacers repeating this performance after this one. Can't expect them to allow Miami to shoot 50% and win.

Heat has been here many times, they will pull it out.

If I were in Vegas, I would see what the odds of Miami winning the next four games is, and bet on it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
While I am in Dreamland... Melo or Love, if you had your choice... Go.

Love. I think in general he fits much better with a great Rose, too. Also youth and all that.

Melo, because it means keep Taj/Mirotic and I think Melo/Taj/Mirotic > Love/Dunleavy

Also, it's worth remembering the Bulls slaughtered the Heat in 2011 in Game 1....lets see the Pacers do it again...hopefully.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2014 -> 12:44 AM)
Melo, because it means keep Taj/Mirotic and I think Melo/Taj/Mirotic > Love/Dunleavy

Also, it's worth remembering the Bulls slaughtered the Heat in 2011 in Game 1....lets see the Pacers do it again...hopefully.

Good call. We could be talking about a Boozer, #1 pick(s), Mirotic type package to get love

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
Good call. We could be talking about a Boozer, #1 pick(s), Mirotic type package to get love

Not a chance. I think Minnesota asks for Taj, Butler, and 2 #1 picks. And I'd make the deal. This is around the time I'd look to trade Jimmy Butler anyway. The Bulls don't have the $$ to pay him and get another star and scorers anyway.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
Not a chance. I think Minnesota asks for Taj, Butler, and 2 #1 picks. And I'd make the deal. This is around the time I'd look to trade Jimmy Butler anyway. The Bulls don't have the $$ to pay him and get another star and scorers anyway.

Absolutely. Taj was awesome but he has knee problems and could flare up anytime.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)

I'd very likely do this as well but with the caveat that the Bulls would have to have some idea of how to fill the SG and SF holes that they'd be creating.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2014 -> 12:56 PM)
I'd very likely do this as well but with the caveat that the Bulls would have to have some idea of how to fill the SG and SF holes that they'd be creating.

Obviously the Bulls would need to be able to extend Kevin Love as well.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

Obviously you have to fill those holes somehow, but if you have the chance to role with Rose, Love and Noah, you do it and figure everything else out later.

But once again, we're talking about something that isn't going to happen. Kevin Love wont be a Chicago Bull. At least not in his prime.

If you get Kevin Love, you can wait a year to get a mid-level exception, or you could package only one of this years picks, and the Bulls pick next year... or something like that. Again Mirotic probably becomes a true trade commodity because you don't really need the guy if you already have Noah and Love here. Maybe he gets put into the deal instead of a pick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
If you get Kevin Love, you can wait a year to get a mid-level exception, or you could package only one of this years picks, and the Bulls pick next year... or something like that. Again Mirotic probably becomes a true trade commodity because you don't really need the guy if you already have Noah and Love here. Maybe he gets put into the deal instead of a pick.

The thing to note is...if the Bulls could get a player like that but it depleted their roster so much that they were waiting a year in order to get an extra draft pick and the MLE available, then you do have to make sure you can extend the guy before doing the trade. It can't be a situation like Dwight Howard to L.A. where you are going to build the roster around him long-term but you dont' have him signed long-term, because the way you just wrote it involves saying "we're a first or second round team in 2015 but we'll be deep enough to make a 2015/2016 run". That could be the right move, but getting him signed becomes paramount.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
The thing to note is...if the Bulls could get a player like that but it depleted their roster so much that they were waiting a year in order to get an extra draft pick and the MLE available, then you do have to make sure you can extend the guy before doing the trade. It can't be a situation like Dwight Howard to L.A. where you are going to build the roster around him long-term but you dont' have him signed long-term, because the way you just wrote it involves saying "we're a first or second round team in 2015 but we'll be deep enough to make a 2015/2016 run". That could be the right move, but getting him signed becomes paramount.

Love is not really being shy about what his intentions are. If you trade for him, it will be pretty obvious if he wants to be here or not.

I know little about NBA contracts, but could something even be done where main pieces could be Love to GS, David Lee to Bulls, boozer expiring/picks to Minn?

Than Bulls go get Melo?

Edited by Brian

If we don't get Love, updating PF doesn't really do it for me because presumably that is Mirotic who is younger, hopefully less injury prone, and overall a less punchable face.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 17m

Hearing that, if the Grizz totally clean house, the Memphis owner will look to trade for Tom Thibodeau + give him an SVG/Pistons-type deal.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 13m

PS: Bulls need assets for a run at Kevin Love, an extra 1st round pick would help. They'd hire Fred Hoiberg if Thibs got traded. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 19, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 17m

Hearing that, if the Grizz totally clean house, the Memphis owner will look to trade for Tom Thibodeau + give him an SVG/Pistons-type deal.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 13m

PS: Bulls need assets for a run at Kevin Love, an extra 1st round pick would help. They'd hire Fred Hoiberg if Thibs got traded. Stay tuned.

Can we just trade Thibs to Minny for Love?