NBA Thread 2013-2014

Bulls haven't signed top tier FAs in anyone's lifetime because they always draft them. MJ and Scottie? No top tier FAs to sign when they're on your team. Rose and Noah? Again, they're on your team. There was a small window where we could have done it and we turned it into a nice little core for several years through the draft instead.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
Also, I believe Love and Derrick are friends - Rose would still be a draw for Love. Noah, too, for just about everyone I'd imagine

This. Those 2 have already talked about playing together. I highly doubt not having Thibs changes that desire. If they could get the pieces for Love from moving Thibs, you do it. Any coach out there would love to coach a team that has Rose/Love/Noah. A Lionel Hollins or a Fred Hoiberg may not be Thibs, but the talent on that team(assuming healthy) makes up for it.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 20, 2014 -> 07:34 AM)
FWIW, players could not be included in a deal for Thibodeau. Coaches can only be traded for other coaches or draft picks.

To me, that pretty much takes everyone but the Lakers off the table. I dont want Minnesotas middle round pick or Memphis' late round pick. The Bulls have that already

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:08 PM)
Bulls haven't signed top tier FAs in anyone's lifetime because they always draft them. MJ and Scottie? No top tier FAs to sign when they're on your team. Rose and Noah? Again, they're on your team. There was a small window where we could have done it and we turned it into a nice little core for several years through the draft instead.

The Bulls traded for Scottie Pippen.

The Bulls would be trading for Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Love.

#lifefacts

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
To me, that pretty much takes everyone but the Lakers off the table. I dont want Minnesotas middle round pick or Memphis' late round pick. The Bulls have that already

Minnesota in Western Conference - Love = bad team even with Thibs.

I may take 2 first rounders in that case.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Minnesota in Western Conference - Love = bad team even with Thibs.

I may take 2 first rounders in that case.

If you want to wait a season, sure. I was under the assumption that the Bulls want the picks from the upcoming draft, not next seasons

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
If you want to wait a season, sure. I was under the assumption that the Bulls want the picks from the upcoming draft, not next seasons

Yeah I kinda assumed a Love transfer there. It was early when I wrote that.

My Twolves friend, who usually knows a lot about the the nba, proposed this:

Minnesota trades:

Kevin Love and Kevin Martin

Chicago trades:

Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, CHA 1st, CHI 1st

I'd do it in a heartbeat but yeah, I doubt Minny would. Then again if hes not going to re-sign, he's not going to re-sign.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 20, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)

Minnesota trades:

Chicago trades:

I'd do it in a heartbeat but yeah, I doubt Minny would. Then again if hes not going to re-sign, he's not going to re-sign.

I know Boozer sucks and all, but an expiring contract could be attractive to a team that is looking to go into a pretty big rebuild if they are trading Love.

Minnesota trades:

Chicago trades:

Ha, that'd be amazing for us. Not happening.

Minnesota trades:

Chicago trades:

I dont think the salaries for this would be close to working out and I also severely doubt the Wolves would even consider something like this.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 20, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
I dont think the salaries for this would be close to working out and I also severely doubt the Wolves would even consider something like this.

Ya, I really think one of Taj or Mirotic would have to go in a deal for Love. With Rubio running the point I think Mirotic might be a good pair with him and someone they'd like to have.

Ideally something like something like Mirotic/Boozer/Butler/2 1R picks for Love/Brewer and they sign and trade Dante Cunningham to cover the difference (Boozer/Butler add up to ~18.9 Love/Brewer is ~20.4). Or perhaps a sign and trade for some scrub like AJ Price/Chris Johnson/Robbie Hummel

Where is our resident TWolves fan to weigh in on this? Forget who it is.

Edited by scs787

The thing that sucks about being a Bulls fan is that if we were the Lakers and someone threw out that Love/Martin trade I'm pretty sure everyone would be like "well obviously, of course!". Dumb trades happen every year in NBA but for bulls it's like we have to give equal value.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
The thing that sucks about being a Bulls fan is that if we were the Lakers and someone threw out that Love/Martin trade I'm pretty sure everyone would be like "well obviously, of course!". Dumb trades happen every year in NBA but for bulls it's like we have to give equal value.

At this point, we need one of Melo or Love to stomp their feet and insist that they want to be a Bull. That is the big thing that always works for LA is that players ask to go there. If one of those guys puts the pressure on their organization, and insists that either send me here, or you will get nothing for me in return, the power of the Knicks/Wolves is dramatically reduced.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
At this point, we need one of Melo or Love to stomp their feet and insist that they want to be a Bull. That is the big thing that always works for LA is that players ask to go there. If one of those guys puts the pressure on their organization, and insists that either send me here, or you will get nothing for me in return, the power of the Knicks/Wolves is dramatically reduced.

That is sometimes the case but there's also the Nash trade, Gasol trade, first Chris Paul trade and even Dwight trade where not much was given back. Dwight wanted to leave but not necessarily to Lakers. Other teams facilitated it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 20, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
Ya, I really think one of Taj or Mirotic would have to go in a deal for Love. With Rubio running the point I think Mirotic might be a good pair with him and someone they'd like to have.

Ideally something like something like Mirotic/Boozer/Butler/2 1R picks for Love/Brewer and they sign and trade Dante Cunningham to cover the difference (Boozer/Butler add up to ~18.9 Love/Brewer is ~20.4). Or perhaps a sign and trade for some scrub like AJ Price/Chris Johnson/Robbie Hummel

Where is our resident TWolves fan to weigh in on this? Forget who it is.

Felix is slitting his wrists as we speak.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1